Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canvas.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	54614

Hello Folksies! Happy Friday! Get ready for the weekend!

Friday. hmmm. What does that word evoke for you? When I was younger I would look forward to sleeping in on Saturdays. I never got to sleep in long because my Daddy was the early riser. He would wake we children up to get the chores done. Then as I was becoming an adult, leaving home, going to college and working a few jobs I never slept in very often at all. As a mother of young children, well, you know that drill. I found I got my best housecleaning chores done at 2-4 a.m.

Fridays. For the general population, it heralds a few days off. We quilters look forward to time off of necessary things so we can focus on fun things, like quilting. You know what I mean. Reading about quilting, drooling over photos of quilts and quilted projects, fabrics, threads, notions . . . I mean quilting in general is such an all encompassing part of my life that I may even consider it my alternate life personality. After all, in MY time spent on pinterest, online fabric stores, blogs, I make the bestest of everything. I am the super woman of quilting. In truth, I know as soon as I see intricate patterns that while I love the detail look, I may possibly make one block but never a full quilt of fussy little details.

I don't know where I am going with this, I must need more coffee. Oh, I remember. When I was awakened this morning, I was not very happy with Thomas Edison.

SMILE! Enjoy your weekend. I will, I promise!

Name:	norm.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	54618
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friday!

Good morning Blondie. I'm up early getting ready to go back into work mode for the day. Gotta go back to the state capital today and next Friday to deal with the "personnel issue from h*ll" that wasn't resolved before I retired. I'm guzzling coffee hoping the caffeine kicks in soon cause I didn't sleep well last night. Have a good day everyone!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MRoy View Post
    Good morning Blondie. I'm up early getting ready to go back into work mode for the day. Gotta go back to the state capital today and next Friday to deal with the "personnel issue from h*ll" that wasn't resolved before I retired. I'm guzzling coffee hoping the caffeine kicks in soon cause I didn't sleep well last night. Have a good day everyone!
    Good luck Myrna. Anything the gov't is involved in seems to turn into a tragic comedy. Here's a fresh cuppa of my bull coffee. That will open your eyes!

Name:	Dog-Smile-2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	54631
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I was the only one up at this hour and have been awake since 4 something. I had a wonderful time yesterday and won ribbons for all my hard work. Take a look if you like in the Show and Tell thread and thanks for looking. This morning I go back to the fair and meet up with school kids. This is their morning to see that the fair is just not about rides. I am with the french kids, well, because you know. After I am done there I will have coffee with a friend. Hubby is going golfing. Trooper plays tonight at the fair and I really want to go. We will see. Greg is probably not coming until tomorrow and Phil, Jodi and Maizyn will probably not be here until 8 or 9, so I may just Poppa to sit with the gang when they come.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning All, Myrna good luck with anything gov't involved. Looks like a cloudy day here maybe some sun later. My friend did not make it yesterday to get her quilting supplies, so we will try today. Nothing new going on here. work tomoorrow and sunday off we shall se what the day brings. Hugs to all who need and want them.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Blondie!

Love your morning post! I was able to sleep late most Saturday mornings...but if it got to 9 am, Mom would wake us up. Now that all of the kids are out of the house & I can sleep as late as I want on Saturday mornings....I am doing good to sleep until 6am!!! Go figure!

You forgot to wish everyone a Happy Labor Day weekend!!! Day off on Monday....yippee!

LOVE your quote about being "normal" made me LOL.....is there such a thing as normal??? If there is...I am not!

Have a great day & weekend!

Terri

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Labor day is never a day off for retail, just means more work and more customers all scrabbling for the one item on sale. work as usual. Lately its been the rainbow loom , Us and the learning center are the only ones that carry the official rainbow loom and EVERYONE wants one.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I wasn't thinking....I should have known that, because my fav LQS is having a major sale on Monday! Opening at 8 am--save 35% on fabric, notions etc, at 9 am it drops to 30%, 10 am 25% & 11am 20% AND they are going to have some of their floor models 40% off!!! Guess where I will be at 8 am on Monday morning???

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Girl View Post
    Labor day is never a day off for retail, just means more work and more customers all scrabbling for the one item on sale. work as usual. Lately its been the rainbow loom , Us and the learning center are the only ones that carry the official rainbow loom and EVERYONE wants one.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    Sorry I wasn't thinking....I should have known that, because my fav LQS is having a major sale on Monday! Opening at 8 am--save 35% on fabric, notions etc, at 9 am it drops to 30%, 10 am 25% & 11am 20% AND they are going to have some of their floor models 40% off!!! Guess where I will be at 8 am on Monday morning???
    Lucky yours is open, I need to get my machine from mine now its all repaired and he is not open on monday or sunday and closes early on sat.... hoping hubby is off sat and we can run down after i get off work (its and hour away) yeah yeah not so local but the best for my machine.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like to sleep a bit late on Saturdays because growing up I had to do family's food shopping, butcher opened at 8am and I usually was first on line. Afternoons I washed the stairs and landings from the 3rd floor apartment down to the 1st floor hallway and vestibule. Once a month I helped my grandfather polish the brass kick plates on the front and vestibule doors and the brass mailbox built in the wall in the vestibule. My grandfather was always very good to us kids and I was happy to help in keep his building looking good. Now you see why I always try to sleep a bit late on Sat. mornings - usually I wake up whatever time and just stay in bed a few minutes more.

No big plans for the upcoming Labor Day weekend, DS may be going out of town to join friends in a BBQ so DH and I will just wing it for meals. If he doesn't go out of town he can finish the backyard weeding with his dad. I'd like to go fabric shopping for decorating fabrics, want to cover big throw pillows to go with new sectional and maybe make matching valances for the windows. Sort of like the clean look for the cellular shades on the windows and may skip the valances. I've already checked out the decorating fabrics at Joann's, next on my list is Cloth World where I might be able to pick up enough yardage on one of the leftover bolts on sale. Coffee calling, talk to you all later when I have a cup or two.

PS: What's a rainbow loom?
    Last edited by MayinJerset; August 30th, 2013 at 08:28 AM.