Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saying Goodbye is hard!

My DD and her DH just drove away with a jam packed car on their way to their new life in Atlanta. They've been with me for 8 weeks while the real estate deals have been negotiated and renegotiated, and renegotiated, etc, etc. but this time she is leaving for good.

Somehow, letting them take wing when they were just out of college wasn't as hard as this is. This is a permanent move, and I don't know when or if I will see them in our family circle around the holidays. That will be hard, but cie la vie! That's life.

I'm crying in my beer now, where is the rest of that beer?

2. Thanks Wwena thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saying Goodbye is hard!

Jean, I thought of you today. I knew it would be hard for you to see them leave. Maybe you should get yourself a big ole doggie??
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Jean, I am sorry that your daughter has moved so far away. Thank goodness we have computers, telephones, skype, etc. these days. AND, you can always go visit her and see Ruby and Don at the same time!!! None of my girls live close, so I know your heartache. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    I pray when risen from the dead before the Lord I stand; perhaps a crown upon my head, but with a needle in my hand.

Becki

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, didn't seem like it had been 2 months. Hold their dogs hostage until they swear to come back and visit.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a DS in Alabama and one in DC. It's hard not getting to see them. Youngest one in DC almost didn't go because the oldest was in Al and there would be no one here to take care of DH and I. Had to tell him I didn't want him to move, but Dad and I would be fine. We were only 59 at the time. He had to do what was best for him. Then I let him go and cried for 2 days and we talk and text all the time. Now I need a beer
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NanaB View Post
    Jean, I am sorry that your daughter has moved so far away. Thank goodness we have computers, telephones, skype, etc. these days. AND, you can always go visit her and see Ruby and Don at the same time!!! None of my girls live close, so I know your heartache. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    I already Google mapped how to get to Ruby and Don's from her house, it isn't that far!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel. My DD has been in New Mexico for the past 4 years or so, but she will be moving back to California before Thanksgiving. I hope you feel better soon...maybe start a new quilt?

9. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jean....Cry all you want.... The grief of having family you care about move away is so real.... I don't know what I would do if my daughter and her family moved away.... Her four boys are my life....

Keeping you in my prayers

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cry all you want Jean - you just got used to them being there, and now they're not. I just baked some chocolate chip cookies - should I express ship some to you?
    Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Jean, I know how you feel. When my son left to live in Australia, I didn't think I would ever stop crying. It is so hard. He is no longer there -- now he just in Georgia -- which is still far but a lot closer than Australia. And my other son is in California - also far. But I can't convince either one of them to move here where their other 2 brothers are. So, just let those tears flow and have that beer.
    Make them a jelly roll quilt for their new place --
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com