Thimblelady vs. Roxanne Thimbles! Does anyone out there recommend one over the other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjkaiser
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2013

Re: Thimblelady vs. Roxanne Thimbles! Does anyone out there recommend one over the other?

I love love love my thimble from the Thimblelady!!! It makes quilting so much easier--smaller stitches and I can quilt longer. It is designed so well, with holes around the thimble that actually skeep your needle where it's supposed to be, not like those awful cheap and I'll fitting ones from Joanne' s.Before I discovered T.L. I too used one's from clover w/ coin metal insert (it falls out), leather ones--pretty comfortable but they don't last long, the leather gets pricked so much it doesn't take long before it starts developing holes. The thimble lady also has awesome customer service. I had ordered 2 diff sizes, one for middle, one for index finger. I find I quilt best with index. Well my daughter wanted to borrow my good one.So I emailed them a year after I bought it and they said send it back and we'll exchange it for you, and they did! So now my DD has one too and doesn't need to borrow mine. It is a great investment if you do a lot of hand quilting. I only quilt by hand and it is my most favorite quilting "tool."
    Jocelyn
    South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• jjkaiser
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2013

Re: Thimblelady vs. Roxanne Thimbles! Does anyone out there recommend one over the other?

I just read over prev posts here. I have both the sterling silver and cone thimble from Thimblelady. Actually I prefer the cone style as it seems the holes in it are deeper and really hold the needle well. The needle slips a bit in the other style. I found it is a bit heavier than thimble from Joann but that is because it is made of stainless steel, but I do not find it uncomfortable at all. The top is open, allowing your finger to breathe and not get all sweaty. I have not tried the Roxanne bc I am so happy with the TL, but it looks like it would be fine. I think it is cheaper than the TL.
      Jocelyn
      South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• Shirley
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2010

I have tried many different thimbles and I can't get one that fits or else it's just I can't get comfortable with one. I wish I could find one I like because my fingers get very sore when doing bindings.
        Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
        X