Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: !st Quilt show

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default !st Quilt show

I've just come home from being to my first ever quilt show.
    My head is "buzzing" with all the information I have managed to bring back. I saw some fantastic quilts, I doubt that I will ever be able to do anything like them but well worth looking around them all.
    I have bought some Christmas fabric to make a table runner, and a layer cake and complimentary fabric for a quilt.
    My husband bought me a walking foot for my machine which I have been wanting for a while now but just couldn't bring myself to spend that on myself (they are not cheap are they?) so it was a birthday treat as well as being taken to the show.
    I had the bonus of meeting the Gourmet Quilter (she is actually supposed to be on holiday) but she had a stand at Birmingham for 4 days, so we had a lovely chat.
    Sorry I have no photo's to add to show you, there was lots of signs saying no photo's and no sketching so I had to resist getting my camera out.
    I have brought back lots of trade cards with website details and so I will be busy online shopping for some time to come I'm sure.
    Can you tell I REALLY did enjoy my day? LOL

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: !st Quilt show

Glad you enjoyed the quilt show. It was too far for me to go unfortunately. I know what you mean about the walking foot. I just recently got mine.

Mazzer

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad you enjoyed the show. I plan to go to my first show in September at Ingleston Edinburgh. I take it I will need a few pennies with Me?
    Christine.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is awesome that you got to me the gourmet quilter...I quite enjoy her tutorials and I use her sashing method...much easier that others I have tried and seen.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a great time, so pleased you enjoyed it - and meeting the Gourmet Quilter must have been the icing on the cake! There's a quilt exhibition in Harrogate at the end of the month I'm thinking of going to - it just depends how my back behaves!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you had fun.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]