Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Kona Fabric or Not at JoAnn's

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    One tiny phrase in there you need to heed if you are shopping at JoAnn's. They buy and sell the seconds. I've been told this more than once by quilt shop owners. It's how they can stay so much cheaper than other quilting stores.
    This is what I have been told. And...I believe it.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I use it all the time from Joann's. I usually buy four yards with sixty percent off coupon. So I get four yards for thirteen dollars and some change. I have no problems with its quality. They also have a book you can order any color you want... And it does say Kaufman! Also if you have more than one coupon with the ending numbers different you can use them all at the same time! So I can usually get two or three colors at that price at the same time. And can go in more than one day to get the sale. But my Joann's is in between my house and my work!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Also I have the joann app on my phone and I get emailed coupons and mailed coupons and they have fliers in the store so lots of savings cause they all usually end in different numbers so u can use them all at the same time!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I buy Kona 100% cotton at Joann's and have no problems with it. I also like the Kona premium muslin but I prefer using Kona. Most quilt shops carry the Kona but more pricey.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

The part that confuses me is when you see a bolt that says "Kona" but NOT "Kaufman", even after that explanation from the representative, which didn't really answer that question IMO. I got to the point where I just switched to Moda Bella Solids so I could ensure I get the quality I want, and reliability in the color dye lots.