Sew,

Hello everyone here I am again, breaking another "first" first time at trying my hand at quilting and first time writing posts on a forum - that has never appealed to me in the past.

My daughter is marrying in July 2014 and after a few years of sewing inactivity I have offered to make the favours, so I thought I ought to refresh my sewing skills and started with the attached. Hopefully in the picture you can see a scissor holder and the small item is a needle holder. These are from a project section in "The Sewing Book" by Alison Smith. I treated myself to a new sewing machine in March, which incidentally also came with some quilting attachments (at the time I thought "well never gonna use that")

The third item is a bag made from memory, of a 1950s bag which my mother gave me some 35 years ago that I kept embroidery silks in for projects; which despite hunting high and low for, I just can’t seem to find. As we will be away from home for the wedding, I plan to use this as my “emergency kit bag” – safety pins, needles, needle threaders, thread, extra snap fasteners, scissors, pins . . . I was making this up as I was going along and didn’t quite think it through properly (how hard could it be right? - I'm sure you will spot the error,) so the second one (the tape measure) is the improved version. There is a little quilting on the "harlequin" fabric just on the diagonal black lines and also on the "tape measure" fabric - just three lines of stitching on each side leaving a middle portion with none.

I'm sure that many of you experienced sewers will see how easy this is to do, but if I can manage to, i'll put the instructions up in "my notes" - not entirely sure if that would need to be linked here
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SewingKit.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	53010Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SewingBag2.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	53011