Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Serendipity quilt

Hi Everyone, I'm really new to all this, so please tell me if I'm going about this the wrong way.
    I have a question. I want to make the serendipity quilt this weekend but I don't want to use a jelly roll because I want to make my blocks bigger. I want to make my strips from yardage cut 31/2 inches wide, making my blocks 91/2 inches square, rather than the 61/2 inches square in the video, so my question is, how big do I cut the red squares?
    Hope you can help, Sue

2. Thanks miget123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Serendipity quilt

Hello Sue from another Sue....I would experiment with some scraps but in the video her square is five inches so I would start with a 7 inch block; maybe even 7 1/2 inches....it needs to go past the third strip just a little bit...hope this helps you...
    Welcome to the best quilting forum on the web!

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Serendipity quilt

Thanx for the warm welcome Sue. I will play with scraps, I'm sure I can work it out like that. My math is not good enough to sit and work it out properly but was thinking along the lines of 7-71/2 inches too, thanks for the reassurance. I'm looking forward to making these quilts, they look relatively easy and a lot of fun.