Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Radiotherapy ongoing

Hi dears!

Just wanted to give you a short heads up since I have been not very active around the forum, mea culpa! At the moment I am travelling every day with the bus to Jyväskylä which takes 2 hours each way. Urgh. But on the brighter side: The first week of 5 is nearly over (yay, it's thursday!) that means I only have 20 more rounds! The travelling is really boring even tho I have something to read, my music (all of this stored on a tiny mobile phone. Thank goodness for smartphones!!!) and food and drink with me. If I could knit I would perhaps do so on the bus. Or crotchet. Hmpf.
    In the hospital thankfully I never have to wait long, often enough I have been even already 30 mins early in the machine. That doesn't help me tho because I usually still get the bus I was intended to take ... They only go 1x per 2 hours or so, sometimes per 3 hours even. But I can at least go windowshopping

Janna is every day from 6.30 to 16.15 in daycare. There's no other solution at the moment. Juha wants that she stays in daycare even after my treatments are finished, but I am not sure about that yet.. she is still so small :x Juha wants me to have some time for myself and to regenerate. Might be that he's right. Those 5-6 weeks of radio treatment will be hard and very annoying because of the bus driving.

Anyway, thanks for reading and hope to have more time for you gals, soon!

Hugs,

Steffie
    ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didn’t come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
    /
    Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Radiotherapy ongoing

Never stopped praying for you and your family. What about hexies for the bus rides? Maybe we could send you some scraps for them. Grow a flower garden while you ride?
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

3. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I think you should listen to hubby about taking time for yourself. If you have confidence in your daycare provider Janna will just fine there. These treatments will take a toll on your energy. Your body will need a bit of time to heal. I had seven weeks of treatment. After the first two weeks I didn't think it was such a big deal. My doctors told me it would make me extremely tired and they were correct! By the third week I was realty tired. If you take time to rest after your treatments you will return to normal energy much faster. Thinking of you and wishing you only the best.

5. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Steffie, how difficult this may become as the weeks go on! But you are facing it with a good attitude, and before you know it, this will all be behind you! I'm thinking of you a lot!

7. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Don't fight too hard about not leaving Janna in daycare. You'll need rest and maybe you can taper it off, sending her every other day once you start feeling a little better. I imagine she likes being around some of the other kids as well.

I'm not sure I could stand being on a bus that long. The bus drivers in this city scare me the way they drive. I've taken a city bus a few times and swore never again when the driver almost side-swiped a delivery truck on the side I was sitting! My hands always hurt when I got off the bus because I had been holding on so hard.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

9. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Steffie I think of you daily and am always waiting for you to post an update. I pray for you every day and that all this traveling and treatments will soon be in your past and your future will be bright. Genny
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

11. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Praying for you.
    I totally understand your reluctance in leaving your little one in day care longer than you HAVE to. I also understand Juha's thinking. Maybe you could hit a happy medium and she could go 2 or 3 days a week and the other days you would have to spend with her totally. Just an idea.
    Be blessed,
    Sandy

God has a plan and it is a good plan.

13. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I often wonder and think of you, Steffie. Thank you for stopping in to keep us all posted on how you are. We are all praying for you and you are in our constant thoughts. Like Lisa said, maybe some hexies will help you pass the time.
    MISA
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think about you often and how strong you are and continue to be. I agree with letting her be in daycare so you can rest and get your strength up.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

16. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

(((Steffie))) boy that is some bus ride. Oy!! I agree with DH, you will need some time to regroup after your treatment. Janna will have best friends and want to continue on anyway. Once you feel back to your old self you can send her 2-3 times a week for socializing.

A MF Hexy Flower quilt would be a great project.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Katy MF Hexy Quilt 1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	52375

If you PM me your email address, I can send you a PDF file with a full sheet of hexies you can cut out. Include your address and I'll mail you half fat quarters to help you make your quilt.

I'm still working on Miss Penny's

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quilt - Penny Hexie WIP.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	52376

You're always in my prayers and I'm sending your healing light your way.

Huggers, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

18. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post