Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday - I've passed the torch

Happy Friday to all!
    I feel so much better and by Monday I think I will be fine to take Mom to the pre-op session and on to her surgery which is set for Tuesday. Not going so well for hubs. I've officially passed the torch of this nastiness on to him. He didn't sleep well last night at all ~ boy, do I feel lousy about him catching this. There is not enough lysol in the world when you live in a small house with a big man.

I LIKES this new look, Al! I really likes it! Fresh and clean and easy on the eyes. You da bomb, man. (Do folks still say that?) I remember my DD saying the other day that someone was "bang-a-lang-ing" I am assuming that was a good thing since she was laughing.

Now I will try to get caught up on my reading before I head out the door to work. Thank you all for your kind words and prayerful support this past week. Ugh, Never want to be sick again.

I did finish hand stitching one of the quilts for the girls who donated me their Daddy's shirts. (I uploaded the pic in one of my albums here) Now to work on the other one. It will be quite different. About the same size. Many of the shirts were unusable. They also included some of their Mom's old fabric scraps which are lovely to look at but once cleaned and pressed I discovered most were unusable because they fell apart. So sad. I have thought about using some of the scraps that aren't too bad in a decoupage project. But that is another project in the back of my mind.

Off to read, have a great day, ladies. This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friday - I've passed the torch

Hey Blondie, glad you are better but sad hubby is sick now. Is he one of those big babies? I have lost my connection to the wireless hi-speed from next door (not stealing, it is a restaurant and have it available to customers, just lucky I live next door). So I can't view the tutorials with DIAL-UP. Waiting for my package from MSQ with layer cakes. I want to make a Disappearing 9 patch but need to watch the video. JFUEJDKGJJGLJKLAL!!!! So that is my rant for today.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and happy quilting,
    Stay warm and stay safe

Monique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Blondie glad you're feeling better. Sorry to hear your husband is sick. Hope your mom's surgery goes well on Tuesday.

Happy quilting everyone,
    Lynne Leavell

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, so glad you are feeling better. Hope everyone has a great day!
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see ya Blondie. Its a good thing your feeling better! The meds are doing there thing. Just make for sure you take them all until they are gone.
    Have a blessed day in HIS name!
    PAULA

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Blondie, Great to hear that you fell much better, Hope hubby fells much better in a few days. The only possitive thing that happens when you are sick is that you realize how much you mean to the other half. By the end you fell rather spoiled.... Hope everything goes well with your mum. all my love and hugs from here. Have a nice day. Im sleepy so im going to bed, nite nite.....
    Maggie
    Quilting with a friend will keep you in stitches.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie so good to hear you feel a little better. Just don't do to much right off the bat. You could have a relapse if you tire yourself out. And now you have LL to take care of. I bet he is like my husband. If Joe gets sick he just goes off in the corner and sleeps it off, except he still goes to work and won't go to the Doctor until I threaten him. He's not a big baby like some guys. He just wants to be left alone. But I fuss over him anyway. Let him know I love him. lol
    Well I am off to quilt club this morning and from what I understand the girl's house we are going to will have an Accuquilt there. I'll never buy one but would love to see it up close. Anyway see you all later.
    I'm not sure I'm liking the new look but it will grow on me. I'm easy. Hugs, Jan

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Aren't you glad you went to the doctor? Now all you have to do is get LL to go see the doc. Good luck! Glad you're feeling better.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Ladies
    Beautiful day here in Central FLorida! the sun is out but it wants to rain and that is good - we need some rain here.
    Looking forward to receiving the last of the B/W Fan Blocks and getting them swapped out - the "surprise quilt" is going to together very nicely - I will post pictures after sending. I hope you will all love it! I have enjoyed doing it
    The new swap WILD Animal swap will be fun fun fun and Wild!! Looking forward to it ~ gheech i just can't seem to get it off my mind but i already have a fun idea for the summer swap!! LOL
    I hope everyone feels good today! do something to MAKE yourself feel good even if its just palying in your stash a little! Love that!
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The best laid plans of mice and men . . . I started out with specific goals for the day but my computer has completely interfered and changed my mind. On-board anti-virus decided it had to take over and install a new program which involved automatically shutting down everything I was doing, taking it's own sweet time installing and then having to reboot - again! By the time all that was done and I had run back and forth making sure it was still working and trying to get biscotti in the oven, I feel like I've done a full day of work and I haven't accomplished much at all. So hope everyone has a great day and everyone is healthy. The biscotti are good but I'm sending raspberries at the computer.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."