Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Stash tales !

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stash tales !

I like looking at other peoples quilt fabric stash online and found an interesting site where several people have posted
    see Show Me Your Stash!
    I searched the forum here trying to find a thread on stash but could not find it so started this one.
    Myself I do not have digital camera so will post just a description of my small stash. Maybe others can post with pictures of their stash as I am like really curious about viewing stash is something I really enjoy. Please also post a bit of a story about your quilt fabric stash if possible.
    My quilt fabric stash started in 2008 I keep my fabric in part of a cabinet in the sitting room the section housing my quilt fabric is in inches 40x18x18 ( in metric in cm it is 100 cm x45cmx45cm)
    Sunday I sorted and folded my stash I have 4 x 2 yards, 5 x 1 yard, 13x 0.5 yrds, 7 x 3/8 yrds, 37 x 1/4 yrds 3 charm packs and 9 fat quarters
    My scraps I keep in 1 plastic bin which measures in inches 15x12x7 (in metric in cm 37.5x30x17.5 )
    I think I have the smallest stash in this forum.
    My buying habits in quilt fabric are approx 5 online shopping orders each year.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stash tales !

Some of those pictures on that site make me cringe.... Fabric just stacked and no order or organization. I couldn't work in the clutter!!!

My stash comes from a wonderful 1/2 price clearance sale along with my employee discount, as well as other shopping (I recently discovered the fabric outlet with its 'clearance room' and its .99 cent per yard fabrics)

It's all on comic boards and semi organized by color.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	205.6 KB 
ID:	51436
    "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

3. Thanks Nerys thanked for this post
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

that looks very nice and well sorted

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this thread where people have posted pictures of their sewing rooms. You'll see some stash there.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sew...bums-here.html
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mchelem View Post
    Some of those pictures on that site make me cringe.... Fabric just stacked and no order or organization. I couldn't work in the clutter!!!

My stash comes from a wonderful 1/2 price clearance sale along with my employee discount, as well as other shopping (I recently discovered the fabric outlet with its 'clearance room' and its .99 cent per yard fabrics)

Um.....may I ask what are comic boards?? Not familiar with those. Thanks!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    Um.....may I ask what are comic boards?? Not familiar with those. Thanks!
    Comic Book Backing Boards - they are thin acid free cardboard pieces about 7" by 10" that allow you to neatly wrap your fabric into mini-bolts to store. The acid free is important as regular cardboard can and will discolor your fabric over time. I buy mine on Amazon, some people go to comic book stores locally and get theirs.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mchelem View Post

That just looks so inviting! It reminds me of how I feel sitting in front of my large library of children's books, as I lovingly caress the spines looking for just the right ones to read to my little friends that I tutor.
    Miss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad I read this thread - I love Karen's idea of the Comic Book Backing Boards - I'm going to have to order some!