Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Ohio storms

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ohio storms

Everyone OK out there? We got some nasty stuff here today. we were driving home and got caught in it. Hail, high winds, trees down. we carefully picked our way thru getting home in time for the tornado sirens. We are partway up a hill so we aren't to worried about flooding but many other areas aren't so lucky. We heard they are evacuating some areas of my little hometown. It sits on top of a hill, but there are creeks running all around and the roads are all flooded. If you're in town, you're not getting out for a while. If you're out, you won't be getting home.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ohio storms

Stay safe!!!

We had a bit of hail here too with a power outage this afternoon in Southwestern Ontario but nothing like Ohio.
    Some People Say That I Have The Attention Span Of A... Oh Look, A Quilt!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Praying for our friends in the Flood zones! Hang in there folks! And please report in as you are able so we know you are safe.
    Miss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

everything here fine. The worst of it went around us and the storms were moving about 60 mph, so only lasted about an hour here. Sky;s brightening up here.
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful!

Pam in Vegas
    Pam in Vegas

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

omg I could have sworn lightening hit several trees around us in the Campground, but thankfully there were only some smaller branches downed. The fishing lake is flooding over the roads, but we can get out if needed. It's flooded the swimming area and the bench and sand are under water. Sirens were going off all day (while I slept through that!), but last night was a real boom cracker! Unplugged computers, Sewing machines etc.. All 4 cats found the smallest spots in our camper to hide! Very scary hoping everyone else got though ok?

Owner of the park said it blew his TV out he forgot to unplug that. Hope these horrible storms have moved out after 4 long days!

In the 8 years coming up here (Madison, Ohio area), I've never seen the lake flood over the road like now. Saying Prayers of Thanks
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We're ok here....some minor flooding but made it through. The one hit yesterday while I was at work but was mostly gone (still raining) when I left....I was worried about the road flooding - but it was fine.

Tuesday night's storms were worse for us.....we didn't get the wind Tuesday. But 3 storms dumping rain back to back and the flooding began. These pics are from Tuesday's rain:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wy_co.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	51350 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gp_marion.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	51351
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!