Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is anyone watching the Zimmerman Trial?

I try not to, but I got caught up in it. I'm not fond of Nancy Grace though. She screams too much.

I sure would hate to be on that jury.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is anyone watching the Zimmerman Trial?

I haven't seen any of it -- though I did catch Nancy Grace screaming at someone as I was flipping channels.

The whole situation is so sad, though. One young man dead, another who is either innocent by reason of self defense, or who has committed a horrible, horrible crime. Either way, his life will be forever changed, and not for the better.

Too, too sad.

What's your take on it?
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think the witnesses for the prosecution are all liars....that man defended himself, he has been made to look like he is a bad person.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    I think the witnesses for the prosecution are all liars....that man defended himself, he has been made to look like he is a bad person.
    If That Was Your Son Will You Be Saying That

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not watching it, don't even know what's going on, don't really care. I stopped watching the news over 10 years ago after I worked at the newspaper. Most news stories we can't do anything about and it's all needless worry to me for the most part.

I will say this, everyone has their own opinion on things and if this discussion takes a bad turn it will be shut down.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch tv and especially not the news, but I have been reading about it.

From the 911 recordings and this guy's record, it looks to me like he should have listened to the dispatcher and let the police handle it instead of stalking the kid, forcing a confrontation. Sometimes when you pick a fight with someone that someone turns out to be a better fighter than you. That boy had a RIGHT to defend himself also against some man stalking him at night. He was unarmed. Zimmerman should have LISTENED and backed off and let the police handle it. The police were informed and were on their way.

This is why vigilante justice has been outlawed for what, centuries?
    Cathryn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle and sadly the jury probably will not get full disclosure. So the only thing that matters is that one young man is dead and another one's life is ruined, no matter what the verdict. So sad.
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric
    Martina (aka MadQuilter in other forums)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think when he was asked why are you following me he should of said I'm on the neighborhood watch, are we all good here? If he insisted on following him he could of just said that.
    Last edited by Hulamoon; July 3rd, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Lorie

9. Thanks Cat n bull thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly Lorie! He had NO BUSINESS stalking that boy when the police were on the way and he was told not to! At ANY point he could have identified himself as the neighborhood watch.

It is ridiculous for him to try to say he did nothing wrong. The purpose of the neighborhood watch is to DETER crime, NOT to walk around ARMED and play cops and try to catch bad guys.

He killed a young boy, I do not have sympathy for him. It was HIS reckless decision that cost that boy his LIFE. If he had stayed in his car and LISTENED to what he was told, that boy would be alive.
    Cathryn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just praying for all concerned. So very sad. What's truly disgraceful is that there are so many media folks who are making money on this story.