Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not patient

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not patient

If you can go 11 days without smoking with the stress you are under, you can quit for good!!!!!!!!! I know, that's easy for me to say. I am proud of you and praying that no news is good news.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

2. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

(((((Marilyn))))) Hang on sweetheart, you WILL get through this! Go for a walk (yeah, I know, it's too dang hot out there) take a hot bath, watch a fav. show. Make your fav. meal or snack, invite some close family or friends over or just hang out here with us. You Can get through this weekend and whatever comes after that. Lots of love! ~Sheri
    Miss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

4. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Marilyn, 11 days! That is so awesome! I sure hope you find out the PET result very soon and, if they're gonna do it, schedule the biopsy! Much love to you! You are in my prayers.

Pam in Vegas
    Pam in Vegas

6. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping you in hugs and prayers Marilyn, the medicine in the nebulizer alone used to give me the shakes....can't imagine what you are going through...but better days are ahead and congrats on 11 days...if you have gotten this far keep going...you are doing great!

8. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Many prayers being sent your way from my little rock over here I haven't had any real experience with using steroids for extended periods (other than steroid inhalers, but they're different) but nebulizers are made by the devil I'm pretty sure! I get the shakes so bad, and I can't even control myself. You feel so ridiculous because you're wobbling all over the place and you can't even talk right, you'd swear you were drunk or on some really good drugs, and it's just the darn nebulizer! lol I wish I had thought of Karen's jacuzzi idea when I was taking mine, it would have at least put that shaking to good use

I hope you hear something soon, waiting is no fun at all!
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

10. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so proud of you for not smoking 11 days! That's awesome, Marilyn! I know how awful it is to wait for the biopsy, I waited ages, too! It drives you nuts. I don't know why they make people wait so long. They wanna know and they have a right to know quickly, in my opinion.

Hang in there, honey... *sending many hugs*

Steffie
    ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didnít come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
    /
    Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen

12. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

CONGRATS on your smoke-free 11 days! WOOHOO!
    I work in medicene, and I've lived long enough to know ' the squeeky wheel gets the grease'!
    If it has been three days since the scan, I would be the first person to park my a$$ at my doctor's office on Monday morning, appointment or not. Pleasantly tell them 'I haven't heard from you, but I need the results of my PET scan, it's been (blank) days'. And go from there.
    If this were me, (because I lack patience when it comes to such things) and I was wearing your shoes, I would not rule-out slightly bawdy behavior, if met with obstinance. This is a BIG DEAL for you, chica!

I'm reminded of a story my sister told me. Not nearly the same magnitude as yours, but I hope you get my drift...
    Her son and his girlfriend traveled ALL night to Virginia Beach, and arrived at the hotel around 10am, only to be told they couldn't check in until 2pm. They were tired and cranky. My nephew is a passive fellow and just accepted the bad news. His girlfriend, on the other hand, was 3 clicks ahead. She quietly parked herself on the lobby couch, grabbed the TV remote, and cranked-up the volume on the T.V. to an annoying level....
    They were in a room in under an hour.
    And they are now engaged to be married. She's a pharmacist, he's a bartender...lol!

SQUEEKY wheel get's the grease, my friend!

Always, my BEST!
    Last edited by New York Sue; June 30th, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
    I really need to get off the exclamation point.
    It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

14. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MRoy View Post
    Hang in there Marilyn. Lots of healing thoughts and prayers are being sent your way! ((((HUGS))))
    Same here from me, without a ciggie it is hard but you'll make it.

16. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

marilyn you are an awesome lady. waiting makes us saints of us all. but saints are proactive. Treat yourself to something good.
    I really dont know where i am going with this except, 1.i hate to think of the worry you are going through, and our mind always takes us away from peace unless we reign it in. I am worse=senario woman. 2. the women on this site are awesome and make us laugh.
    3. You will get better! This place is my steel magnolia type place. the company of women. We are here for you.
    Now that i have rambled on and on and on. I guess what i am saying, is i love ya man, but your not getting my beer.
    I LOVE JESUS

18. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

New York Sue made some very valuable points. I worked in doctor's offices for 22 years before getting my RN...I know that you probably feel like "we-the medical folk" don't care...but believe me when I tell you we/I do. I'm not making excuses for any doctors or their offices...but you have to realize how many people they see in a day. With that being said, I agree 150% with Sue. If it has been 3 days since the scan and you have not heard anything from the doctor...CALL THE OFFICE AND EXPRESS YOU CONCERNS! Tell them you want the doctor to CALL YOU BACK IF HE/SHE CANNOT TALK TO YOU AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT. If they want to make you an appointment to come in to see the doctor, tell them you want the soonest appointment AND you want the doctor to call you back. Be persistent...be that squeaky wheel. As a nurse it is important to me to make sure the patient knows she/he is in total command of your body and you have every right to know what is going on as soon as possible!

Lecture over! Now, Congrats on quitting the smoking (now, don't be a fool and start back up). 11 days have gone by, the nicotine is out of your system...now it is conquering the craving...substitute the action of smoking with something healthier...walking, quilting, net surfing...I'm sorry you are having to face whatever it is that is going on! We are here for you to turn to...you know that for sure!

Remember...SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK.......
    Hang in there Marilyn!
    Pat

PS...there are steroids in the inhaler/nebulizer too! Take advantage of the extra energy and do something to burn it off...wash windows or something (or not). LOL!
    Last edited by Mimis-quilts; June 30th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

20. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post