• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miss Sheri
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2013

Re: Post Your Sewing Room Pictures or Links to Your Albums Here

SewBee ~ I noticed in your sewing room photos a 'Big Shot' die cutting machine and FABRIC being cut out on it! I have a cuddle-bug and some sizzex big dies that I would LOVE to use for cutting fabric shapes. . . my question [yes, I really do have a question} is this: Do you do anything to prep your fabric before cutting it on the dies or do you just run it through?
    sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

• GrammaBabs
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2010

Sandy what a fabulous space!!!
      I think i like this one even better, and i know this has helped you "clean out" and downsize...never a bad thing... trust me...
      That being said,,, i am off to sew like a mad woman... making up stuff with all the "scraps" i just could not part with"...
      Nice to put a "face on Al".... he sure has talent!!!! Seems you both are creative and so busy people!!
      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

• Mimis-quilts
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2011

Here is my quilting heaven! It's a mess right now, but I still love it!
        Attached Files
        LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

• Ishama Imran
          Ishama Imran commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Mimis-quilts
          Woooow you have a great place to work with... while laying out a quilt n to do machine quilting you have lots of space.. I like yr swing room
      • Mimis-quilts
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2011

Myrna, you have a nice little studio! No worries about having to put things away...just turn everything off and close and lock the door behind you.
        Originally posted by MRoy View Post
        Here's my studio...still a work in progress but workable:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50194[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50195[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50196[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50197[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50198[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50199[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50200[/ATTACH]

Hugs, Pat

Comment

• Mimis-quilts
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2011

Love your sewing space in the basement...nice windows to let in great light. I would not want to leave it either!

Hugs, Pat

Comment

• wendyw1
            The Guild President
            • Jan 2011

Here's mine:

Wendy
            A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
            https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Comment

• Eileen83flowers
              Binding Belle
              • Apr 2013

Oh my !! How I envy all of you with all the space you have to create in.
              I have to make do with a dinning room table for cutting and putting my machine on to be able to sew !
              When I need to add the backing, I'm on my knees on the floor but I need to move the table and chairs to create the space.
              I'm not going to show any photo's I would be embarrassed !
              Your quilting areas are a dream, no wonder there are so many lovely ones created.
              I'm off to have a moan in my husbands ear ! LOL
              I must remember to but a Lottery ticket today ........................................fingers crossed !

Comment

• mamaquilt
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2010

büro 1 copie.jpgbitz copie.jpg
                Don't need much space in this thread as I only have 2 little rooms I call sewing room. Sometimes I envy sewing buddies for their large rooms, but only sometimes. Not when I have to clear and clean mine.
                Last edited by mamaquilt; June 29, 2013, 03:19 AM. Reason: not showing pictures
                sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

• slamb13
                  The Guild President
                  • May 2013

Eileen I know what you mean! I am fortunate to have a small "mom cave" to call my own! But the space is quite small. I too have to use the dining room table for anything larger than a wall hanging, and all my trimming and backing is done on the kitchen floor!
                  ---Susan---

"When life gives you scraps - make a quilt!"

Comment

• Mimis-quilts
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2011

Wendy, that is an awesome space for your sewing pleasure. It's all brand new and bright!
                    Originally posted by wendyw1 View Post

Hugs, Pat

Comment

• Mimis-quilts
                      Missouri Star
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Eileen83flowers View Post
                      Oh my !! How I envy all of you with all the space you have to create in.
                      I have to make do with a dinning room table for cutting and putting my machine on to be able to sew !
                      When I need to add the backing, I'm on my knees on the floor but I need to move the table and chairs to create the space.
                      I'm not going to show any photo's I would be embarrassed !
                      Your quilting areas are a dream, no wonder there are so many lovely ones created.
                      I'm off to have a moan in my husbands ear ! LOL
                      I must remember to but a Lottery ticket today ........................................fingers crossed !
                      I'm pretty sure most of us started out the same way.

Hugs, Pat

Comment

• Miss Sheri
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by slamb13 View Post
                        Eileen I know what you mean! I am fortunate to have a small "mom cave" to call my own! But the space is quite small. I too have to use the dining room table for anything larger than a wall hanging, and all my trimming and backing is done on the kitchen floor!
                        Boy do I understand! Small spaces are certainly better than NO spaces. I had a preschool in my basement; was 'voted off the island' by my DH and kids as they wanted to create a "Man Cave" so I retired. I got to keep my 10 book cases which are filled with my children's book collection, and I have a tiny little corner behind the sofas and recliners that I still call mine. This is where my sewing/cutting/and 'everything else crafty' space is on one solitary table. I also kept the under the stairs closet and a tiny corner of an unfinished room that all the boys weight lifting equipment is stored. Into these little spaces I have ALL my sewing and card-making/scrapbooking supplies.[and I have WAY TOO MUCH of those last mentioned supplies!] * * *But, it is MY SPACE and I love it!
                        sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

• SweetTea
                          4 Patch Pro
                          • Feb 2013

Eileen, I am 56 and just got a sewing room a few month ago. I have sewn since I was 5 years old, most of it done on the kitchen table. I decided to dismantle one of 3 bedrooms and make it into a sewing room. We didn't use it that much anyway. It is a very small room, but it works. You. Are. Not. Alone.

Comment

• pcbatiks
                            Missouri Star
                            • Mar 2012

I finally got my den cleaned up & straightened........this is where have my sewing area. So here are a few pictures......

The first one is my $10 estate sale bargain........my cutting table with one half folded down. I like having the option of using part of or the whole table. The table is at the opposite end of the room but it works for me.

P1011314.jpg

This is my Fon's & Porter design wall......my newest purchase. I like it & can stand back across the room to look at my project. These are blocks I am working on for the background on my aunt's quilt. I plan to applique amaryllis on it.

P1011317.jpg

Here is my sewing corner filled with Pay It Forwards from some of my forum friends. The landscape wall hanging is from Cyndi(ofthevortex).....the thread catcher/pin cushion is from Fannie (Baliey65) & the heart shape coaster is from Anna (Wwena). I also have a coaster on my cutting table from Leonie (Winniesfriend). I love all my gifts from friends! I have my cutting mat by my machine right now for trimming all the little blocks on my design wall.

P1011318.jpg

Here is my fabric stash, books & other quilting stuff. I haven't spent very much on my stash........a lot of it was from estate & garage sales. Now I have a good assortment of fabrics........that includes some beautiful batiks that Lonna & Cyndi have sent to me! I have my fabrics sorted by color.....batiks in separate box. Scraps are organized by color in ziploc bags. And one box with a few precuts.

P1011319.jpg

This is how I arranged my fabric........when I take the lid off the box I can see everything. Now I just need to figure out where to put hang my rulers.....

P1011322.jpg

Now that it is clean & organized I need to get busy!
                            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• RFREE
                              Missouri Star
                              • Dec 2010

Here's mine...I hope I do this right.

Comment

Working...
                              X