Default Re: Post Your Sewing Room Pictures or Links to Your Albums Here

Wendy
    A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
    https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

2. Thanks Jess1377 thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my !! How I envy all of you with all the space you have to create in.
    I have to make do with a dinning room table for cutting and putting my machine on to be able to sew !
    When I need to add the backing, I'm on my knees on the floor but I need to move the table and chairs to create the space.
    I'm not going to show any photo's I would be embarrassed !
    Your quilting areas are a dream, no wonder there are so many lovely ones created.
    I'm off to have a moan in my husbands ear ! LOL
    I must remember to but a Lottery ticket today ........................................fingers crossed !

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  büro 1 copie.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  11.1 KBName:  bitz copie.jpg
Views: 1676
Size:  10.9 KB
    Don't need much space in this thread as I only have 2 little rooms I call sewing room. Sometimes I envy sewing buddies for their large rooms, but only sometimes. Not when I have to clear and clean mine.
    Last edited by mamaquilt; June 29th, 2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: not showing pictures
    greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

5. Thanks mrsg730 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Eileen I know what you mean! I am fortunate to have a small "mom cave" to call my own! But the space is quite small. I too have to use the dining room table for anything larger than a wall hanging, and all my trimming and backing is done on the kitchen floor!
    ---Susan---

"When life gives you scraps - make a quilt!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wendy, that is an awesome space for your sewing pleasure. It's all brand new and bright!
    Quote Originally Posted by wendyw1 View Post
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen83flowers View Post
    Oh my !! How I envy all of you with all the space you have to create in.
    I have to make do with a dinning room table for cutting and putting my machine on to be able to sew !
    When I need to add the backing, I'm on my knees on the floor but I need to move the table and chairs to create the space.
    I'm not going to show any photo's I would be embarrassed !
    Your quilting areas are a dream, no wonder there are so many lovely ones created.
    I'm off to have a moan in my husbands ear ! LOL
    I must remember to but a Lottery ticket today ........................................fingers crossed !
    I'm pretty sure most of us started out the same way.
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slamb13 View Post
    Eileen I know what you mean! I am fortunate to have a small "mom cave" to call my own! But the space is quite small. I too have to use the dining room table for anything larger than a wall hanging, and all my trimming and backing is done on the kitchen floor!
    Boy do I understand! Small spaces are certainly better than NO spaces. I had a preschool in my basement; was 'voted off the island' by my DH and kids as they wanted to create a "Man Cave" so I retired. I got to keep my 10 book cases which are filled with my children's book collection, and I have a tiny little corner behind the sofas and recliners that I still call mine. This is where my sewing/cutting/and 'everything else crafty' space is on one solitary table. I also kept the under the stairs closet and a tiny corner of an unfinished room that all the boys weight lifting equipment is stored. Into these little spaces I have ALL my sewing and card-making/scrapbooking supplies.[and I have WAY TOO MUCH of those last mentioned supplies!] * * *But, it is MY SPACE and I love it!
    Miss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Eileen, I am 56 and just got a sewing room a few month ago. I have sewn since I was 5 years old, most of it done on the kitchen table. I decided to dismantle one of 3 bedrooms and make it into a sewing room. We didn't use it that much anyway. It is a very small room, but it works. You. Are. Not. Alone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got my den cleaned up & straightened........this is where have my sewing area. So here are a few pictures......

The first one is my $10 estate sale bargain........my cutting table with one half folded down. I like having the option of using part of or the whole table. The table is at the opposite end of the room but it works for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1011314.jpg 
Views:	777 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	50455

This is my Fon's & Porter design wall......my newest purchase. I like it & can stand back across the room to look at my project. These are blocks I am working on for the background on my aunt's quilt. I plan to applique amaryllis on it.

Name:	P1011317.jpg 
Views:	894 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	50458

Here is my sewing corner filled with Pay It Forwards from some of my forum friends. The landscape wall hanging is from Cyndi(ofthevortex).....the thread catcher/pin cushion is from Fannie (Baliey65) & the heart shape coaster is from Anna (Wwena). I also have a coaster on my cutting table from Leonie (Winniesfriend). I love all my gifts from friends! I have my cutting mat by my machine right now for trimming all the little blocks on my design wall.

Name:	P1011318.jpg 
Views:	1303 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	50462

Here is my fabric stash, books & other quilting stuff. I haven't spent very much on my stash........a lot of it was from estate & garage sales. Now I have a good assortment of fabrics........that includes some beautiful batiks that Lonna & Cyndi have sent to me! I have my fabrics sorted by color.....batiks in separate box. Scraps are organized by color in ziploc bags. And one box with a few precuts.

Name:	P1011319.jpg 
Views:	718 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	50464

This is how I arranged my fabric........when I take the lid off the box I can see everything. Now I just need to figure out where to put hang my rulers.....

Name:	P1011322.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	50465

Now that it is clean & organized I need to get busy!

12. Thanks Jess1377 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine...I hope I do this right.
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/mem...wing-room.html

14. Thanks Jess1377 thanked for this post