Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 113 June 21st-28th

I have taken two quilting classes -- and haven't finished either quilt! One was a sampler wallhanging that is to be hand-quilted (which I quickly realized that I don't like to do!), and the other one was a lap-sized quilt that I loved the piecing, but we hardly had any work on the quilting part, so I'm hesitant to start. I've taken one quilting class on Craftsy, but only the 'theory' end of it -- haven't tried it out yet.
    Ruth Ann in MA

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to take a FM quilting class...but have not found one in my area that I could attend.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't, but I keep hoping to find one I'm interested in!

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't attended a quilting class, unless you count youtube!

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

I took my first quilting class on Craftsy.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Whooo hooo way to go Sharrob.

My only quilting classes are Jenny and You-tube. Nothing better to me that I want to learn so far :-)

Debbie
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

NO, I have never taken a class, I look on line for information and speak with friends who quilt on line. I am new to quilting and am legally blind so a class might be difficult for me where I need more time w/ teacher then they might be able to give so I just keep trying. My 1st quilt was just done a few months ago. I did the YBR pattern and enjoyed it so much.

I will be doing the Falling Charms quilt next. I just ordered my 4 Petal charm packs and am so excited to get them in to get started.
    Last edited by TinyDove; June 26th, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I took my first quilt class about 2 years ago. It was a beginner basics class. I had never used a rotary cutter, I was brand new! Well the instructor was marvelous! I learned enough that I could use Missouri Quilt tutorials and start making quilts! I've taken several classes since, and the only one I left feeling defeated was a Free Motion Quilt class....I need lots of practice there! But the instructors have always been sweet, patient and encouraging.

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Sharrob!

I have taken several quilt classes, one was to make houses. I enjoyed the classes very much. You have others to talk with and see how different the same pattern comes out with the different fabric choices.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Sharrob!
    I took my one and only quilting class about 20 years ago. That was in the day before precuts, before rotary cutters, before the days of machine quilting and machine piecing!! I loved it!!! I got interested in quilting again a few years ago while on summer vacation in PEI. We were with my sister's family and her and I went into a small-town fabric/quilt shop - it rekindled my love for fabric and quilting. Shortly after I got home from that trip, I started researching quilting on line and that's when I found Jenny's tutorial!! The rest, as they say, is history!!!