Post Thanks / Like

Default I know, it's Thursday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	417583_10151443119033389_899835978_n.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	48939

Hi Folksies!

I woke up remembering it is Thursday, my own Monday. This week has buzzzzzed by quickly and I have to grab onto my big man to keep from flying off from the speed of light! Sorry I missed yesterday; I spent the night with my DD because her new hubs had to fly out to Denver for the week. She is not liking being alone but, oh well; so, I stayed with her and then spent the majority of the day with her yesterday. We watched some Downton Abbey Season 1. And let me tell you what I found out last night when I got home and checked my email! Andover Fabrics is coming out with a Downton Abbey line! Oh, yes they are. Downton fans, go feast your peepers on this:
    http://www.andoverfabrics.com/Grid.p...ownton%20Abbey
    I don't know if MSQC carries any of Andover's lines - hope they will get some of these in. I went to sleep with visions of these lovely designs in my head. Talk about visions of sugarplums.

I am in the process of getting a new phone service at the salon and at my house. At the salon I got the Straight Talk that didn't need internet connection and will cost $15 a month. That's a whole lot better than the $60 I've been paying without being able to call long distance, btw. So, this morning, I will be calling clients in between work to give them the new number. I also will have to order new cards.

Poor Mom. In the continuing story of the Perils of Pauline, er, I mean Ruth, she has pink eye. A raging bacterial pink eye that hurts and oozes. Don't know where she picked it up but I am NOT touching her with a ten foot pole. Hateful wench that I am, I asked my SIL to be the one to help Mom out this week. After all, she is not working, so if she gets the stuff, my brother can take care of her. I am totally wicked for doing this; I am feeling almost remorseful, but not quite. It is silly to miss seeing Mom, but I do. How is that possible when we yak on the phone several times a day. It is just missing her sweet little hugs this week. I will be making up for it soon enough. Then she can squeeze the stuffing out of me.

Hey now, I did get a wee bit of hand sewing in while at DD's. I am in the process of making a whole bunch of little gifties sorta like party favors. So, I needed to get them going before my time runs out.

Have a wonderful day; I am not ignoring all the news I have heard this week on the tv; I am just choosing to pray about things and close to door to lesson the volume while hubs keeps it on. How glad I am that I can make the choice about what to listen to, look at and focus on. And you know me. I am gonna focus on something that will make me smile. Hoping and praying for each one here. Now watch this fabulous VW commercial. Doncha know this is me? Don't worry - be happy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=9H0xPWAtaa8

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I know, it's Thursday!

Hi Blondie! I just need to ask WHERE DO YOU FIND THIS STUFF? Now, I want to buy a VW!

Nothing much new here, except I had ordered some fabric from MSQC about 2 hours before the DD Popped up with the free 2-1/2" tumbler template. I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with putting together tiny tumbler pieces, so I took no action to get it. Yesterday, when my order came, out fell the tiny little template! So thanks, MSQC, I appreciate getting it.

Hope everyone has a great day! Hope Ruth and Lissau get over their eye infections quickly! Those are no fun! Keep smiling and be happy!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I hope Ruth's eye gets better quickly. Pink eye is rough stuff! The commercial brings back memories. My first car was a baby blue VW Bug with the trunk up front. I loved that little car. Hugs and prayers for all who need them today.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!!

Blondie, I love Downton Abby! I love the fabric as well. Msqc doesn't carry andover. my LQS said they were not ordering the line. so I guess I will have to check the other quilt stores and see or find it on line. Pink eye...yuck..you can get it off of a dirty $1 bill. Hope her medicine kicks in soon. She shouldn't be contagious long.

Jean I too ordered the new tumbler,,,,only to have my order arrive without it in it . . I emailed them and waiting to hear back from them. I got all my little charm packs....so they are waiting patiently in a drawer for their tumbler buddy.

I got our lab jake an appointment at the groomers today, assuming I would be off, but circumstances prevented that so hoping they will hold on to him for a while today. It's his first trip to the groomers and I am feeling really bad about it. Both kids work as well.

Well, lots to do this morning!

Everyone have a great day!!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, how cool are those fabrics....absolutely love them. I too will be fantasizing today at work! Like I need more fabric, right? The new summer work hours are kicking my butt, thank goodness Friday is only a half day! I have to get the baby quilt binded that my daughter pieced to give at the baby shower we're attending Saturday! Just new more hours each day to do all I want to do? LOL
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So nice to see and read about familiar faces! Blondie, you raise everyone spirits! Not only is your DD, DM, DH and DS grateful to have you, so are all your quilting sisters!!

I watched your JRR you tube video again yesterday, Jean. Am hoping to make some placemats with that method for my brother. He and his wife are coming east this summer from Missouri and want to share a bit of New England sunshine.

My new grandgirl will be 4 weeks on Sat. Her Mama is doing much better after the complications with the birth. I've been quite busy with helping entertain the older girls and cooking for the whole family. It keeps me out of trouble.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Keep on, keeping on!
    Cynthia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

I'm moving slow this morning...my old back took too much ladder climbing yesterday and I'm really sore today. The good news is I got my quilted items back from Reggie yesterday so I will have some handwork to occupy me while I give my back a break. I will be Binding Queen for several days.

It's cool and foggy this morning. We had a real hard rain yesterday. It feels like it's going to be a sweatshirt and sock sort of day.

Blondie, I hope Moms eye gets better quickly...that stuff is no fun. Lisa, I hope you are feeling better today, also.

I'm off for now...will check in later. Hugs....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends. Blondie, that video made me SMILE!!

Jersey went to the groomers yesterday and she smelled nice. So I changed and washed the comforter off the bed. It smelled like dog. LOL!!

I had made a table runner for our minister, who is leaving, and I took it to her yesterday. I made it in her favorite colors. She was touched and I know she appreciated the thought. And NO, I forgot to take pictures of it. But it was pretty.

I went to the clinic yesterday to have a few skin tags removed from my neck and torso. The doc had a student with him, young and not bad looking, I might add. Next thing I know there is another doctor coming to watch. So we had a party. 5 were removed in total. A few of the spots are a little tender this morning.

I am almost done the binding on the baby quilt. And yes I will take pictures.

I am not sure what this day will bring. Have a wonderful day. Prayers being said for those who need them.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Andrea is heading north to the Carolinas so everyone be careful. I should have planted a full garden this year lol. I decided this year to only plant 4 tomato plants due to some health stuff. Well with all the rain those 4 tomato plants are already 5 feet tall and have tons of flowers on them!
    I hope everyone has a blessed day.
    Thank you,

Ginny K

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone! Nothing much going on today..I need to sew some patches on my hubby's new uniforms and maybe sew my new cushion covers for my patio chairs. I didn't get to see my sweet Julia yesterday...first day since she was born, lol...guess I can't see her everyday.
    Just wanted to stop in and say hello and wish everyone a wonderful day. Blondie, hope mom feels better soon so you can get some huggin in.
    Prayers and hugs to everyone.