Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 7 - February 19, 2011

Congrats Deb.

I collect Jelly Rolls, Layer Cakes and Charm Packs with the intent to make tote bags, quilts or whatever. The key word is intent. I really love Jelly Rolls in quilts they are easy to work with.

Lynne Leavell

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to this weeks winner. It seems that I also just collect them, however I really do plan to make a table runner this week!

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on a scrappy log cabin with a honey bun. So easy to make. I just used some fabric from my stash for the center square and then started sewing honey bun strips around it. Sew one on and trim it. Add another to the next side of the square and trim it. Keep going until you get the size block you want. I have my first jelly rolls coming in the mail. Don't know yet what I'll make with them. Maybe a fence rail.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Deb.

I've been newly bitten by the quilting bug and, to be honest, I'm still waiting to start my first project. My first quilt will be a Rail Fence lap quilt, so I guess that's my favorite!

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I too am fairly new to quilting. I have done some but I recently took a class and now there is no stopping me. I made a 4 block tablerunner and a 6 block table topper. I think I will try a log cabin runner next . I am hooked!

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with toggpine on the collecting part. I also like seeing which honey buns and jelly rolls are on the daily deal. I actually made my first quilt with a honey bun, so that was fun!
    Lin

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I am totally new to quilting. . . just began this past January and have about 4 projects in the works. I recently found MSQC and have already placed two orders, watched all the tutorials and have been sewing up a storm.

I thank you most sincerely for all the tips and shortcuts. You have really saved me a lot of time. As far as strips, the best I can think of at the moment is to sew them all together and then cut them in some kind of square or triangle that they will go in many different directions. Sort of like a sunburst starting at the center and going out.

I love the precuts but have to work up my stock. I started buying fabric first and have some really complicated projects going on so I'm looking forward to buying my first strips. Next pay. LOL!

Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
    "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to try the tube procedure from the tutorial - but probably not until I got done looking at them for awhile. I have my first daily deal still untouched - I look at it, sort the colors, feel the fabric and then put it all away. I'm sure it will make a lovely completed project, but I think the process involves tactile enjoyment prior to completion!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, Deb! Enjoy your prize.

I've bought one jelly roll with the plan to make the braided table runner. Also bought the binding tool to make the cuts.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Any leftovers from projects get tossed into my scrap basket and after awhile I like to make string quilts. I cut a 9 or 10 inch square of waxed paper and use that for the temporary foundation with a 1.5 stitch length. It's fun starting each block with the same color strip in the center. It's mindless sewing and very relaxing! Sometimes just what I need! I also love to collect Jelly Rolls but have never used them for a string quilt.