Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thursday Again

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday Again

Hi Everyone, my finger is healing up nicely; hopefully I can work in the sewing room today...I have a huge basket of scraps I am going through, cutting them into usable pieces, not my favorite job but I love making scrappy quilts and it is nice when you have your own precuts that you made yourself. I have a quilt I need to finish up, it has been sitting for awhile. I am finally able to type better so can answer more posts instead of just lurking.
    Steve and Sassy are doing fine. I have to get busy today; have wasted my days off doing just about nothing...only what had to be done....worked a couple of hours yesterday for a coworker, she just became a Gramma again. And then spent it all on co pays for prescriptions....easy come easy go!
    At least I have small co pays compared to some.
    Everyone have a great day today.
    Hugs and prayers for all, Susie

2. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends!

Another wet and chilly day here today. We got a pretty good thunderstorm last night. I was sewing away when suddenly the whole room lit up with lightning and then KABOOM! Startled me a little bit and the dog wasn't too sure he liked it. He was "hiding" under the ironing board...silly pup.

I was working on another rag quilt order. Another pink one...this one a little bigger than a crib size as it's for a 4 year old girl who already has a rag quilt but it's falling apart. So I offered to replace it and the mom is paying me for it along with the two rag quilts I made for her clients. So I'll be getting a little cheque for $210...which I'm sure I'll promptly spend on fabric

Not much else going on in my neck of the woods...just waiting for lunch as I have a date with a girlfriend for a catch up and a good meal.
    Tanya

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww, poor Snakes!! I have a little one living in a raised flower bed.. and there is a big black snake who visits the bird nests in the roof overhang on the back patio. I don't dare tell the kids as they would bash the poor things.. The birds carry on something fierce and I know "Blackie" is on the prowl. We have more than enough Sparrows to share, so Blackie is welcomed to one now and then.
    My elders taught me that it is a blessing to have a Snake visit and clear out the rodent population. A lovely Indian Woman used to keep a pet black snake in her cabin.. rafters were it's favorite resting place. I never saw a mouse or rat around her place.

I don't want to live with one.. just know they are there and helping me garden is as close as I care to get to one.

I'm late getting here since I was out early cleaning up the back patio and setting up a small water feature. Cut a few Peonies and made the table look festive. Had the help of 2 dogs who love water!! and think they can get into the pond.. NOPE. only the two front feet. and only one at a time. Then the pump turned on and they got a face full of water. Guess we will need to grab the kiddy pool and set it up for them.

I was looking for "Ilove2craft2"... anyone seen here around here lately??? I guess I'll jump to her profile and leave a message.
    Hugs to all who happen by and prayers for everyone who needs a little extra boost today.

5. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

​Allie, that snake must have told all his buddies your yard was a dangerous place to go. I don't mind snakes either. I have picked up my fair share and put them out in our field. The Copperheads we have are a different story. So, if it's a friendly snake, he lives, if it is a nasty, hissing, mean snake, he's a dead snake. lol
    I haven't been to sleep yet. Yesterday I went to the drug store to get some Orajel for my toothache. I had a basket in my right hand, so I reached for it with my left and this blinding pain shot into my shoulder and arm. There was a loud popping sound as my shoulder tried to come out of the socket. It went back in but Oh Man! does it hurt. My meds didn't even touch it. I finally gave up trying to sleep. Got up at 50 and started the laundry and in between loads I worked on my Bow Tuck Purse. The laundry is done and put away, and I'm resting in bed and typing to you all. I found out it is not good to try and square up things when you can't make any sudden moves with your injured shoulder and arm. lol Now it is bothering my neck on that side. It's also not a good time to haul wet clothes to the dryer. lol Can you tell I'm getting punch drunk? Well everyone, now that you have heard my sad tale, I'll leave and give you a break from my meandering thoughts. LOL Thinking of you all, and sending Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

7. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jan, I am interested in seeing the bow tuck purse when done. Be sure to share it!

Got up at 50 and started the laundry and in between loads I worked on my Bow Tuck Purse. The laundry is done and put away, and I'm resting in bed and typing to you all. I found out it is not good to try and square up things when you can't make any sudden moves with your injured shoulder and arm. lol Now it is bothering my neck on that side. It's also not a good time to haul wet clothes to the dryer. lol Can you tell I'm getting punch drunk? Well everyone, now that you have heard my sad tale, I'll leave and give you a break from my meandering thoughts. LOL Thinking of you all, and sending Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon to all of you! Yes, time just flies bye! Before I say anything about myself, I wanted to let all of you know that I think of you often. It's so interesting to me that I have not met any of you, yet we are all friends in a special way.

I was up late into the night as we have been having storms, which I do love. I was really into my sewing and before I knew it, time had passed me bye and it was nearly 4 in the morning. I woke up in a timely matter this morning and am back to sewing.

I can't believe all that I accomplished yesterday! Our new dining set was delivered, but I had to put the table and chairs together as I had ordered them rather than going to the furniture store. They too have to put them together, so it is not a new thing. Anyway...I did that, sewed, had coffee and fresh baked apple bread with a friend, and cleaned a bit. That doesn't seem like much to some people, but for me, I felt it was a lot because it was such a variety of things.

I've had to stop on a couple of projects I was working on due to running out of a few things. Never fear! I am working on my first Chevron!

I hope you all are enjoying your day today. Count your blessings, live, laugh, and have joy. Happy sewing!
    MISA
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html