Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday - a new week

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c46de57bc29fb2c58b31aff96bcdce9f.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	48214

Happy Monday Folksies!
    Today our holiday actually continues. We grilled out yesterday evening and plan on doing it again today! YAY. Yesterday we had a lot of peeps over. Today, not as many; perhaps just Sis and BIL, plus the newlyweds. That means I will have to clean the bathroom again; probably sweep the floors and damp mop again, too. Good grief. A woman's work is never done.

Not much sewing done; I did sit and hand stitch a wee bit; I need to plan some sewing time with Dinah the Kitty soon. It is very difficult for me to sit and sew when the weather is as lovely as it has been. Cool mornings and evenings, sunny days. I will say that the mornings have been downright chilly - on Saturday morning in the high 30's - but heckfire - we didn't get the freeze or snow that some of y'all had. Just nice sweater weather.

Hubs is home for a few weeks. I am thinking of trying to talk him into going for a walk in the woods today. It's right squatchy out there . . .

Enjoy your day! Blessings, prayers, hugs to all. Smile because you remember how to.

Blondie

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday - a new week

Good Morning!

I'm up and running with scissors already!! Jeff is sleeping in a little on his day off. I smell coffee wafting in from the kitchen, so the new coffeemaker with the auto feature is working. We have Panera bagels so you know what I will be having for my breakfast again today.

We're having glorious weather...absolutely fantastic! I'm cooking for a gang today. We will be grilling ribs, lemon chicken and steaks. Jeff LOVES to host parties....he could have been an event planner. I prefer small groups where you can actually have meaningful conversations. The gals will want to see all my new quilts and i have none this time! I guess they will get to see my UFOs!

Our garden is doing well. Tomorrow I plan to spend another day at the old house painting. I have lots of trim work to do.

Today is the last day of the long weekend...enjoy every minute of it!

Smilin' in Missouri....Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

G'morning ..

after a WEEK long task of full filling an apron and banner/bunting order -- my eyes are still seeing red/white gingham and with smiling picnic ants .. *ugh*~ . . I spent most of the weekend catching up on some rest that I missed out on - I crammed a 2 week job into 5 days -- the lady that placed the order at the last minute -- she doesn't know - that I know that she's a wife of an NBA player . . *snickering*~ . .
    I mean when someone orders 20 aprons and 2 - 50 bunting/banners and 2 - 30 foot bunting/banners -- I google them --
    well, I didn't have them much fabric on hand to fulfil the order - so I spent 5 hours running from one store to another -- now I have plenty on hand . L*~ . .
    so I asked the buyer if she was having a cooking class or were the aprons for a catering group -- well it turns out that she is having and ---- end of school year picnic for her sons and his class--- and the aprons were gifts for the kids moms . .
    *smacking forehead*~ . .. thats to many youngins for me to handle . . LOL*~ . . especially at one time . . .
    well she rec'd her order in time for the party that she's having today . . . and is happy with everything and the special packaging I did on the aprons -- even gave her matching red/white gingham gift tags -
    the hubby felt so bad for me and seen how exhausted I was - he decided to take us off for a night out - we went off to dinner with xSIL and her hubby -- and ladies let me tell you . . I am soooooo proud of my hubby -- ever since the Gulf War -- at times - it's like fighting my own battle to get him to out to dinner -- he doesn't like to be in enclosed building --
    we all first started out at The Maritime Museum of Amelia Island -- www.ameliaresearch.com -- a group of us are making a investment for sunken treasures from the San Miguel- and one of the coolest part of this venture - we get to participate in the search - we will be able to spent time on the ship during the expeditions -- a one time investment is a lifetime investment -- where as any investment with Mel Fisher was a yearly commitment -
    anyway -- if anyone is interested -- check out the link above -- all contracts are to be sign/sealed and delivered before it leaves out this friday . . who knows . . we might be rich one day . .

- so now the hubby is off to work - fur babies are back in their beds - and I get to play on my embroidery machine this morning before getting ready to head out to the part of the world for a Memorial Day gathering . .

I wish everyone a safe and wonderful Memorial Day - in remembrance of our pass - our present - and our Future - serving Soldiers
    2015 is here
    Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Mornin Ladies and Gents. Today I head out to go camping for a week. Me and my DD will go it alone. The DH said he just don't care about it anymore. So off we will go about noon.I hope the mosquitoes don't eat us alive. I also purchased my fishing license and am ready to rock and roll on that. That is if my back and neck will let me.I have been in some terrible pain lately. Doesn't matter what I do or don't do anymore,just hurts ALLLLL the time. I got in my sewing room yesterday and made a huge tote for our bathroom stuff when we go to the shower house at the campground. Good thing is I made it out of 2 old american flags we had hanging out in our front yard. I knew I was collecting them for a reason.Nothing to brag about but I think they look cool.I will try and post pictures in a little bit.
    Yall have a great day!
    Hugs from Ky
    Rhonda
    Last edited by RFREE; May 27th, 2013 at 08:13 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Blondie and all......I love the little message today...reminds me of when in the third grade in social studies....learning about Salt Lake....and thinking about who I might grow up and marry(as most young girls do).....thinking, there might be someone in Salt Lake City that I don't even know and doesn't know I even exist, and some day we will meet and I will marry him.....well, low and behold...yup, that's just what happened! Weird, I know.....and tomorrow my DD and grand-kids are going to visit him at the City Cemetary...yes I know he's not there but the flags they put out are an impressive site to see!
    No, I am not going, DD's MIL is going with (been there-done that) once was enough.
    So I wish you all a pleasant day!
    ~Kathy~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Mom and Stephen.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  7.6 KBMornin', darlins! A day to remember our fallen that gave their lives for our freedom! A day to remember those that shared our lives and are no longer with us. Hubby is coaching bracket games in softball tourney today; I might go, but the sewing room is too tempting. More training with puppy, Dottie (she's coming along so well). What I wish I could do, is drive a couple of hours and visit family plots, especially my Mother's. I haven't been down to the cemetary in quite a while.....it's still hard to believe this past December marked 10 years that my Mother passed away at 58. My youngest daughter was 2 when Mom died and always has questions about Grandma Barbara. So, when I bought my daughter her sewing machine recently; I explained to my daughter that life was repeating itself. That my Mother taught me to sew and I am teaching her. My Mother would be proud......
    Last edited by shermur; May 27th, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends. What a weekend. I have an absolutely wonderful time at the retreat. A few faces I knew and more new ones. What a great group! I did get to finish a couple of simple projects and one lady showed me quickly how to applique the pattern I had brought with me. My son and daughter-in-law brought us Jersey and we ended up with an impromptu dinner party. Our friends also had steak to BBQ and the next thing you know we have a party. Oh my were the steaks good. Kids left and Roxy cried when she left, which made me cry too. Jersey slept with us last night. We have gone out for our morning walk already. I hope to walk her later if the the bugs aren't bad.

Have a wonderful and safe holiday today friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

Sounds like everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

Not a lot going on here, I have to work today so off I go in a bit. I will be feeding all the weary travelers who are hungry!
    It will be busy, but the day should go by quickly. I have building blocks club tonight so it will be late before I get back home.
    I am hoping to get a 2 hour window of time between work and club to run an errand or two. Yesterday dd and I did a little shopping. I woke up with quite a tummy ache so it took me a while to get moving but we got some done, had lunch out and then I even had time to go by one of the LQS on my way home. I did buy some really cool "school days" fabric that I am going to make a little tote out of and give to my niece who is a kindergarten teacher.

Well....I don't really want to get a move on...but I must...

Everyone have a great day!!!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all. Beautiful sunny morning today! No rain, no wind --- just sunshine and birds singing. I think we will be outside a lot today. DH and I will do some planting. We had that on the schedule for Saturday but the nasty cold rainy day changed those plans. And yesterday we had planned to go into Brooklyn for a visit with sons but those plans changed too. #1 son called and said that he was not feeling good at all. He has gastro problems that the dr.s haven't actually diagnosed exactly what it is yet but it has been acting up recently. I am concerned since he isn't working and has no insurance. And, his depression is showing it's ugly head more this week too. Last few weeks were pretty good but for whatever reason, not so much right now. We have postponed our visit until next Sunday. And the weather looks like it may be better then too. So, here is hoping he starts feeling better this week.

So, since we were home yesterday instead of out all day, you would think that I would have gotten something done either in the yard or the sewing room. Well, no. In fact I am not really sure just what I did accomplish yesterday. I did go to Joann's and get some foam and material to make a few cushions for an old metal glider that I got from my cousin (it doesn't glide anymore though ) and picked up a box of crayons so I can work on some crayon/coloring book totes I want to make. DH got some trimming and mowing done and I did help him trim some branches but I didn't really accomplish too much at all. Oh, I did finish one more cotton knitted dishcloth for someone who ordered 9 of them (3 down, 6 to go).

So, today, we will head outside after breakfast and play in the dirt for a while. DH has ribs ready to be smoked so dinner is covered. I may get into my sewing room for a while today --- at least I hope so. Got a lot of things on my "To Do" list for sure.

I hope everyone has a terrific day. Enjoy the parades and bbq's happening all over the country.

Ginny B
    Last edited by Ginny B; May 27th, 2013 at 09:26 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I'll be sewing some, but mostly just chillin'. DH is farming today but we'll grill burgers for supper so we can say we had a holiday cook-out. I'm already not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow...65 days and counting down.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*