Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP! Need to find tutorial.

I saw a tutorial on youtube where Jenny used the easy circle ruler. It was using a white layer cake and regular mixed pattern layer cake. She cut the circles out of the patterned layer cake and applied them to the white, then took the left over piece and added it to a white square. I can't find this video anymore or any pictures and I would like to make it. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Did anybody make this quilt or know the link to the video?
    Don't worry if the sleeves are too long, you'll find they'll ride up with wear.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HELP! Need to find tutorial.

I think someone made her remove it as it infringed on a pattern someone else had published. I might be mistaken but I seem to remember that.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: HELP! Need to find tutorial.

Yes the lady was mad cause Jenny didn't use her name on the tutorial. So Jenny took it down. It wasn't done intentionally on Jenny's part. But she did take it down to avoid any bad feelings. However Jenny has done a tutorial on Jelly rolls sewn together then cut with the circle cutter and for a quilt. You should be able to pick up the general idea from that. It's a new tutorial but I don't know if it's here or on youtube. Try here first. Hugs, Jan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Look under past MSQC Girls Threads and you will find a reply from pdjewelrylady that has a thumbnail of the pattern. Click on it and you will have the pattern. I couldn't download it but you might be able to. My computer is screwy. Anyway, the pattern was in the Better Homes and Gardens magazine from August 2010. I hope this helps. Suzi had to send it to me via email and I would send it to you but I can't email out on this computer. Also I think Lola said she also had the pattern. She might help you. Look under ask MSQC girls, Re: Circle Quilt. Hugs, Jan

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HELP! Need to find tutorial.

Jan - you have probably already found what you're looking for, but I kept this tutourial in my You Tube favorites.

I hope this works.
    Teresa

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Teresa, that's the one I'm talking about. Thanks Sunshinelee1 was the one wanting this tutorial. I just couldn't remember where it was.
    Sunshinelee, you can use whatever circle you want, whatever fabric you want. You don't have to use the strips. Although, I think these could be really interesting. I might just do one like this too. Enjoy. Hugs, Jan