Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Blessed Sunday Morning to You!

Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews, Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, everyone. We're helping my youngest move out of her dorm today. Went to church last night so we'd have all day free today.

Speaking of free, I thank God for our freedoms, and the good men and women who have risked and sacrificed their lives so that I can live in this great land. Whenever I meet a young person who is joining the military, I always thank them and tell them I take their service very personally. I may feel a bit shy to say that, but every single one has glowed and grinned from ear to ear when I've said it.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

4. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Donna, if you put a few drops of peppermint oil, or eucalyptis (sp) oil, or tea tree oil in your regular shampoo and body wash, it should repel those nasty critters. Or you can buy tea tree shampoo and conditioner. Hope this helps. Out for now to get my first, 2nd and 3rd cuppa in me.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

6. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

Rough start to my day...I seem to have some kind of stomach issue this morning. DD and I planned on going out to look for some shorts and things for our trip to Florida in June...we will see here in a bit if its safe to venture out.

Donna, sorry for your tick issues...is there not anything you can treat your immediate yard with? I know we have had several ticks on the dog and DH had one on him the other night. I got jake a tick collar and that has helped. The crazy winters don't kill them like they use to. I hope you feel better soon!
    May...enjoy your great grand baby!
    Barb.....have fun with your friends!
    Trisha...hope your day at work goes well!
    Jean...I can't wait to see your quilt when it's done!
    Lisa and Judy....stay warm! I know here they warned all the lake goers of hypothermia this weekend! Now that's crazy!!after walking the dog, organizing the fabric and mowing the lawn I did make it in to my sewing rooms to cut my BOM for this month. They have to be complete to get the next one for free. I planned to put it together today. Hopefully dd and Incan get out today..we see so little of each other now that she has the second job. And I am sure she will let mom by her lunch! Lol I would also like to go by and place some flowers on my sisters grave today. Her dd won't go there, she can't deal with it. I don't know if her son goes by or not. Her husband remarried with in a year..and I am pretty sure he doesn't go. My mom will go, and prolly one of my brothers. I don't know if I will make it down to my dads as he is buried in his hometown up by lake of the ozarks.

This morning the dog had a huge bumb on his head and it had bled. I guess it's a cat scratch....only thing I can think of. Sheldon, the kitty can be quite obnoxious at times. I told jake he better make sure he wears the pants in the relationship!!

Everyone have a great day and to those that have served our country, thank you!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

8. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Got home today very exhausted from my quilt retreat. I will tell you all about it tomorrow. I need to catch up here.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

10. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon and Happy Sunday to all. Can't believe I've turned the furnace on today. Crazy weather. Just watching the end of the Indy 500 and just a couple short hours the Nascar Coca Cola 600 will be starting. I've a race fan so this is a good day for me. Kind of glad we didn't stay at the cabin, there's no television to watch!! Hubby and I are going to have a little fish fry tonight and sit on the back screen porch and watch the race. Will have to bundle up and turn the heater on but for heaven's sake, it's Memorial Day weekend, and I feel like we need to be outside.

Thank you to anyone reading this who they themselves, or have anyone who has, served in the military. Thank you for protecting our Country. God Bless!!!
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Morning All! Or Afternoon as it might be by now! LOL I was off to church today so could not get on this morning! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
    http://renewingmrssewsew.blogspot.com
    Until next time hugs and best stitches to you all,
    Michelle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening, all! Just got home a while ago from church, as we had "Family & Friends Day" and a picnic after our service. Lots of work yesterday in the freezing cold RAIN, and we had to move the whole thing indoors (we had to have our service and the picnic outside), but it was tons of fun, and got to fellowship with lots of wonderful folks.

So... tomorrow is Memorial Day, and the weather service has issued a FROST ADVISORY for tonight. I wouldn't mind, but we did spend quite some time planting all those impatiens at the church... Just gonna' pray they survive!

Hope you enjoy tomorrow. If you or yours have served in the military, thanks for your sacrifice.

Blessings,
    ~ Sally \0/