Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: quilt edges wavy after quilting

Thank you! I hope I can figure out how to quilt it without having the problem I had with the placemats. I'm disappointed with the placemats; I'd feel worse if I screwed up the table runner.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

The squares on the wall hanging and the strips in the table runner are both pieced using the same fabric. It's the fabric in the border of the table runner. Technique is stack n whack, one of my favorites. No fussy cutting!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I have no solutions to offer. I do have praise for your work. Both are pretty but the wall hanging is absolutely beautiful.

4. Thanks Quilted Fantasies thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That happened to me once on a dresser topper. For me I think it was the quilting. I did diagonal lines and think it stretched the border fabric, guess what I don't quilt on borders anymore.

6. Thanks Quilted Fantasies thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I took a class on craftsy and she said to stitch a long stitch around your quilt. she had her length on 4. Make sure you stitch less than 1/4 inch so it will be hidden in your binding. It will keep your fabric from puckering around the edges. She showed the difference in doing it and not doing it. I will be doing it from now on
    Patrice

8. Thanks Quilted Fantasies thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

You are ladies are just tooooooo funny. I'm really busy these days and cant participate as much as I'd like too. When I come on line, I kind of scan quickly to see what everyone's up to. Once in a while I'll jump in if I can help out. Wish I could be here more often though for sure.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have noticed that
    Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Has anyone else noticed how Denis appears at just the right time when a tough question needs answered?
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Denis View Post
    You are ladies are just tooooooo funny. I'm really busy these days and cant participate as much as I'd like too. When I come on line, I kind of scan quickly to see what everyone's up to. Once in a while I'll jump in if I can help out. Wish I could be here more often though for sure.
    Hey, with opening a new business, busy is good! I hope everything is going great for you.

I thought it was funny, I've seen you pop in a couple times, knowing you have a full plate, and it just seemed like you have some special radar when a question is asled that you have a good answer for.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea! I think I'll practice it on a UFO I have before I try it on the table runner.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'd definitely say it is the quilting that caused the waviness. This has happened to me in 2 recent projects. I made a FMQ wall hanging--that's all it is--no blocks, just a blank piece of fabric with 2 borders. It was HEAVILY quilted, and my edges got wavy. Thankfully, it was a class and the instructor showed us how to deal with it. Get a heavier thread and zig zag stitch over (not on) it real close to the edge, so that it will be inside the binding once finished. Then gently pull up on the heavy thread to "ease in" the fullness of the quilt/project. It works!
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!