Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We Miss You!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: We Miss You!

y'all know I'M NOT missin'! I feel like I live here now...but thanks for remindin everyone!

2. Thanks HdWench, bkthomas thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Here I am! Boy, with all the family things (birthday celebrations) and holidays (Easter), babysitting 1 or a couple of grandkids to help out their moms, and now the camping season, I haven't been in my sewing room for a couple of months! Oh wait, I've been in there - I sat at my sewing table a couple of times wondering when I can continue my current project, but I haven't had time to sew.
    Also, posting here --- I used to do it just before bed, but recently I've been so tired that I usually fall asleep!
    Tonight - I am in my bed, in my trailer, in a campground off Lake Ontario!
    Hello everyone! I'm thinking of you too!!

4. Thanks bkthomas thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There's still some missing..........
    ~Kathy~

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

I must agree with Jan. That is the great thing about this forum vs many others. It ISN'T just about quilting. We share our lives, and families, our ups and downs, the good the bad and the ugly. If all you want is a place to strictly talk about quilting, then this may not be the right place for you.Many of us here truly do care about each other, and enjoy hearing about each others daily lives. If someone wants to rant and vent, we are good listeners. This is my quilting home and family, and I support them 100%. I feel bad for any one that doesn't get that.
    Quote Originally Posted by janluna View Post
    I've been missing alot apparently. I won't say my name but my initials are Jan Luna. LOL Thank you for that sentiment Kathy. I'll try and do better.
    As for listening to peoples problems.... If we didn't have the support in our lives that this forum gives each and everyone of us what would be the point. Yes, we are here for the quilting, however that being said, the support we give each other is so very important. I love all my friends on this site. They have seen me through my Granddaughter's illness and allowed me the venting I needed to be there for my Children while they fight to keep my Granddaughter alive. So, we will have to agree to disagree about that. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

7. Thanks mommadeb, mamaquilt thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    You are so sweet BK! Amazing. Just amazing.
    Agreed!!! BK you are great!
    Quilters are the nicest people.

add me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elbquilts
    follow me on instagram : elbquilts

9. Thanks bkthomas thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    I must agree with Jan. That is the great thing about this forum vs many others. It ISN'T just about quilting. We share our lives, and families, our ups and downs, the good the bad and the ugly. If all you want is a place to strictly talk about quilting, then this may not be the right place for you.Many of us here truly do care about each other, and enjoy hearing about each others daily lives. If someone wants to rant and vent, we are good listeners. This is my quilting home and family, and I support them 100%. I feel bad for any one that doesn't get that.
    Hear! Hear!
    Quilters are the nicest people.

add me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elbquilts
    follow me on instagram : elbquilts

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Here I am! Boy, with all the family things (birthday celebrations) and holidays (Easter), babysitting 1 or a couple of grandkids to help out their moms, and now the camping season, I haven't been in my sewing room for a couple of months! Oh wait, I've been in there - I sat at my sewing table a couple of times wondering when I can continue my current project, but I haven't had time to sew.
    Also, posting here --- I used to do it just before bed, but recently I've been so tired that I usually fall asleep!
    Tonight - I am in my bed, in my trailer, in a campground off Lake Ontario!
    Hello everyone! I'm thinking of you too!!
    There you are and yeah for you! Sounds lovely camping near Lake Ontario (and sneaking in on the computer haha) but glad to see you posting again! Yeah, lives get busy with "stuff" and sewing and glad BK got some folks to post they are OK!

Enjoy your camping trip
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

12. Thanks bkthomas thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    Since BK was the last of the designated people to PM me about this, I'll post my reply so you can Read.

Anyone heard of idenity theft? A lot of us on this forum are in the "older" age bracket where technology, to some seems like the greatest thing since sliced bread. But, that is the fastest growing crime in America today!

So go Google your Name...What you will see is already on the Internet. Did you do it? It's pretty shocking if you've never seen all about you displayed for the world to read or, for just a few bucks many places will hand out even MORE of your personal information - Sad, but True.

How do they get your info? PUBLIC boards like this, Motor Vehicle Department, Anything and everwhere public.

I saw someone post on here - Their house got broken into - I didn't read the message but it made me think! What do we share on a public OPEN forum? I'm sure the two have NO connection but it made me want to warn the people that have never SEEN what's already on the internet about them...

Who knows your address? Who knows your real name?
    Who knows your working or travel schedule? Who knows all about your kids? What other information can be found in here and read about you?

It's a valuable Tip to remind people to think before posting personal information.

So the answer being "supportive"? Alright let's go there -- Did ya post when I shared my excitement when a quilt I made sold that wasn't for sale? hmmm Maybe you Marilyn? Jan? hmm didn't think so.

How many have donated to Animal Rescue for the Easy Street quilt? You? Really! No again? "talk the talk".

Well it's your Idenitity and before the replies began, it was heartfelt to let folks be more aware and stay safer. Heck, go ahead and post to everyone your secret password if you want, but don't think the internet is all safe and cozy. Computer savvy people know better and trying to help Inform people brings this bizzare response?
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi...Everyone.......I have to say I've not posted much lately........we have been working in the yard and garden....we have a big garden this year......my 1st summer being retired.....we also planted 50 strawberry plants......I am really enjoying be outside.......I strated to dig a few potatoes yesterday.....and our little dog decided that was his job.......he did a good job too....LOL.......so I have a lot of help ;0).......
    bopeep

15. Thanks bkthomas thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still around. I try to lurk at leat once a day. I have been busy in the yard. Getting my vegetables in and flower beds done. Hoping to get lots of quilting done this summer. Hubby made me a raised bed for my herbs!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	47619
    Patrice

17. Thanks bkthomas, SallyO'Sews thanked for this post