Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My sewing has had to stop

I hope your machine gets sorted out sooner than later. Hopefully it's something minor.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A repair man who comes to the house? I wish there was one who would just do what they think they need paid for.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

3. Thanks HdWench thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't find a shop locally to go to but a friend recommended this man as he works from home to keep the costs down. I will let you know what it was and if I'm still in the black at the bank!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Great Eileen! We will all be thinking "little fix" for you to stay in the black in the bank and have more to spend on fabric - or someone else to clean OR another good back up :-)

Will really hope it's just some minor cleaning! Yes, let us know

:-Debbie
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

You're not the only one with a machine that is non-compliant with your sewing joy!
    My friend took mine to someone she knows and he basically said that it is so old that it would be better to trade it in if possible!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mamaforhim View Post
    You're not the only one with a machine that is non-compliant with your sewing joy!
    My friend took mine to someone she knows and he basically said that it is so old that it would be better to trade it in if possible!
    Was it working for you or having troubles too? gosh I have 2 ugly green Elna's that are err about my age if not older!! With those cute little cams to make anything more than a straight stitch! Wonder if he's trying to talk you into trading it in, because some Vintage machines are worth a bit more? I don't know, but a long as it makes a good stitch you only need one to sew :-)

Good luck to you too Mamaforhim
    Last edited by HdWench; May 15th, 2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: I can't call my Elna's UGLY!
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your machine woes. Hope it gets repaired quickly.

I LOVE my Scentsy candle pots. I have them around the house and when we are expecting company I will turn them all on the house smells so fresh and clean in no time.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Update on my machine.
    I spoke to the repair man today and I should be reunited with it by Friday, just cant wait as I have fabric cut and ready to sew!
    Apparently the needle wasn't straight and so the thread had been getting tangled in the mechanics' underneath, he said it was a common mistake for a new sewer !
    I will have to be more careful, but to be honest I didn't see a bent needle. I will have to make sure that I have many replacements at the ready.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I'm devastated!!!
    my machine turned out to be terminal!!!!
    the motor had seized up on it and to be honest to replace it with a new motor plus the cost of the repair man I didn't feel that it was worth it. I wouldn't have felt at ease using it again in case the same thing happened again.
    I am now researching (frantically) for a new machine.
    will I ever get my next quilt started? LOL

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I see this happened in April and I think you said you only had it since Christmas, couldn't you return it?
    Ginger snaps