Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to match whites to patterns - Moda

This is the most useful entry I have seen to compare whites and near-whites. Thank you Jean!! I can't believe that both Kaufman and Moda wouldn't have this type of picture comparison of their 'whites'/neutrals posted somewhere online in large print, easily accessible, to help those of us who cannot buy fabrics in person [or someone who sells both...!]. This would enable us to visually compare their fabrics (Even when I can get there in person, the rare local quilt shop rarely has all of their neutrals in stock at the same time to enable such a visual comparison). I can't afford to pay >$20 for each company's swatch card, just to help me decide which of their fabrics to spend my money on. These colour swatch cards should be online on their websites, in LARGE print (rather than tiny Pinterest photos I can't read!). Although I must admit, MSQC are VERY helpful when I email them, asking which solids match certain layer cake or jelly roll collection I have my eye on... Thanks MSQC!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jean is the best! ......and I agree with MSQC being so helpful when matching solids when you are ordering from them - I have heard other members mention that many times and they are always happy with the choice made.
    ~Kathy~

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link that shows various solids that match up to the Simply Color line.

http://www.unitednotions.com/fcc_simply_color.pdf

Looks like you want Bella Off White 9900-200.
    Last edited by laf512; May 29th, 2013 at 09:28 AM.
    Lori

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slamb13 View Post
    It seems like it would make sense for the fabric lines to tell you which of their solids match up with their print lines. Being that I'm so new to quilting is does get confusing, there are so many choices to sort through!
    I thought I was the only one. I, too, have wished that fabric collections would recommend solids that would compliment the collection of precuts. I have called a couple of times to M* to get a recommendation for a solid coordinate but the fabrics and the person who answered my calls were not in the same location and were not able to help me. When I complete my main quilt top, I like a small 1.5" or 2.5" border in a solid fabric that pops and functions like the matte of a framed picture. I kiss a lot of frogs when I order these solids on-line because the colors on my monitor do not always look that color when they arrive. After this small border is sewn on, Then I come back with a 3.5-6.5 inch border in a fabric from the precut collection to finish the quilt. I almost always have a double border like this in my quilts. I just like it . . . .
    --Only God can make the perfect quilt, all others he left for me.