Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Impulse Buy!! SINGER 9960 Quantum

I checked my email this morning and Amazon had the SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine for only $249.99
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It says it does 600 stitches, mirror image and elongating, has a dozen feet included (with walking foot!) and a extra large table and cover included. I checked with my friend to see if it was a good deal and she said to go for it! Singer has been bought by Huskvarna, so they are better machines than they were for a few years when everything was cheap Chinese made. Can't wait to get it. It should be delivered next week.
    I went to the local sewing machine dealer today as I am helping out there ( had a job interview, but I think they are more interested in free help). They felt it was not a good purchase. But, if I went through them it would cost $3000 plus to get a machine that does everything this one does and I could NEVER afford that! A couple of my friends bought machines from them recently and spent $2000+ for machines on sale. I don't think they even have 50 stitches and they had to spend big money for a walking foot to go with them, then even more for a lager table. I think I got a great deal and cant wait to get it!

2. Thanks HdWench, Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Impulse Buy!! SINGER 9960 Quantum

I bought that machine several months back.. It works great and I love it. It's quiet and has speed control, which I need both. I sew at night, while others sleep. AND I've always had a lead foot!! I know you are gonna love it. The only negative thing I've found is that the alphabet letters can not be enlarged.. But for the money and all the "extras"... it's a dream machine..

I was up and running in no time at all.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Heck, I'd buy it for the thread cutters!!! When paper piecing, those come in handy....
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was curious about the machine so I clicked on the link, and (as is common) Amazon has already bumped the price up to $398... with the original price quoted to be $699. Sounds like you got a great deal at just the right time! Yayy!

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to the Singer.com site and see if it is cheaper!!! That's where I got mine for less than Amazon.. It's well worth the money, but not at $699..... we need money for fabric, too!! LOL....

Quote Originally Posted by turena65 View Post
    I was curious about the machine so I clicked on the link, and (as is common) Amazon has already bumped the price up to $398... with the original price quoted to be $699. Sounds like you got a great deal at just the right time! Yayy!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What a great price for this machine! I'm so happy for you and know you will be as happy as Granny Judy! Congrats...
    MISA
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new machine. I have been looking at the Futura XL 400. Not sure what I am doing right now.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your new machine! Have fun figuring out all of the things it does. Lisa
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a great deal I'm sure you will love it! I bet you can barely wait till it get's here -- ok honestly, how many fabrics have you cut anxiously waiting!!!??

Enjoy and sounds like great timing on the buy. Congrats on your new baby
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great deal! Enjoy your new machine!
    Lori