Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Impulse Buy!! SINGER 9960 Quantum

That's a great buy. I paid $900 in Australia last July last year for mine and here it is doing a queen size in September:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130825_100031(1) small.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	66683

I hope you like yours as much as I do mine.
    ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric and then sow it back together again? Really?"

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I just got that machine in October when my old one just really got the best of me finally. It was over 20years old and beaten up in too many military cross country moves, not that it was a good machine to begin with (something generic I got in a mail order catalog for $100 which was a lot for me at the time). Anyway, I do like mine mostly. I've got to call though about an issue with the cutter. Mine seems to want to arbitrarily start cutting on its own every once in a while. Don't know why. I end up pulling the base plate off and dusting it all out (not that I see much of anything most of the time), and keep it off for a while, then completely rethread it and test on scrap to make sure its working again. I do so hope you don't have that kind of issue with yours. I looked at a lot of machines before I decided on this one and it had good reviews. Also I found it at a great sale price too, much like you found on Amazon. I love the big board, and that it came with a walking foot. I've played with several of the stitches but wish I could manipulate more of them. Overall I'm pretty happy. Enjoy your new machine!

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I am looking at this 9960 on Amazon and was wondering if you have had good results with your Singer 9960

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been unhappy with any of the Singers I have bought from Amazon in the past 4 years ( 160 Anniversary, Singer One and One Plus, S16 and the new Featherweight.). I think they have upped their game and the products are better than in the near past. I have bought a bunch of them from Amazon, the good thing is, you have 30 days to return it if you don't like it or it doesn't work right. I don't have that model, but my friend does and likes it.

5. Thanks Smidgen thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have this machine and it's great. I don't think there is a better machine in that price range that does as much as the 9960. Lots of feet too.

The only problems I have had have been user error. However, I don't use the cutter very often. I find the threads are cut pretty short and I tend to need longer tails to pull up if I am quilting.

There is a great video series on You Tube that goes over everything on the 9960. It's great and I highly recommend watching all the video Roxanne has posted on the 9960.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JVYWJkIeyI&t=60s

7. Thanks Smidgen thanked for this post