• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Wednesday Morning Hellos

Busy Day ahead ladies,
    Morning will fly by soon enough; I need to go into work for a bit today and take care of a client who was called out of town suddenly and while there I will take care of one of my co workers, Ms. Grouchy Pants. She also called last night. I always know when she gushes nicely at me, she is up to something. hehe. I know she is in desperate need of a 'do.

Those nasty weather folks are calling for some snow this evening. Not a big event, thankfully but enough where it may be a fly in the ointment on the way to work in the morning. I reckon Mother Nature didn't hear me when I said I was done with Winter.

Has anyone heard from Gina or Bridgette recently?
    Jan, have you heard from our Laura? Let her know that I am missing her.

Have a great day ladies!
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Sandy Navas
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

Re: Wednesday Morning Hellos

I laughed at Blondie's comment about her co needing a 'do'. Last night I was watching Pawn Stars and they brought in an expert on antique books. She was amazingly knowledgeable but did she ever need a new 'do'. Did anyone else see that? Talk about being 'rode hard and put up wet'.

Fingers are about numb. The furnace repair guy is supposed to be here today to replace the little exhaust motor on our furnace. The cold temps outside aren't helping my personality at all!!! I may have to take this old weary bod back to bed where the electric blanket resides, although my sewing room is heated as the downstairs furnace is functioning okay.

Wishing everyone the best of Wednesdays . . . and may all your burdens be lifted.

Hugs to all,
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• suzette58
      Quilting Guru
      • Jan 2011

Good morning everyone. After work I will finish stuffing "Pit" pillows for my quilt guild. They are given to Breast Cancer patients that also have had lymph nodes removed from their underarms. But, first I have to get my computer back up and running. Our IT guy here at work upgraded it for me but he can't do the part of putting it back online since he doesn't have the same inetrnet company as me. Oh well. Have a great day.
      Suzette

Comment

• Lola2Ace
        The Guild President
        • Aug 2010

Hello all!
        Sandy, so sorry your furnace isn't fixed yet? Curling back up in bed with your electric blanket and a book sounds good, but if the sewing room has heat what a great excuse for staying in there! Ha!
        Trish, did you talk to Odie? how is he doing? Is your heat back yet?
        Suzette, good luck with that computer. I woke up this morning to a weird virus on the 'family' computer, thank goodness mine is o.k. so far, but I can't do anything with the other one so DH will have to fix it. Your 'pit' pillows sounds like a wonderful project, Thank You so much for doing them!
        Blondie, I SO need a do! I am a former stylist and have been doing my own for over a year now, and it's showing. You just can't do your own and get the correct angles on cutting!
        I am hoping to finish up the girly quilt today and get it washed and dried for that yummy wrinkly goodness. I also want to work on the friendship braids, laundry is piled high. I really need a sign that
        says 'I am NOT the maid'!! Why is it I've had a very busy few weeks, this week included, DH and DD were home last evening and didn't even touch the laundry, running the sweeper, etc.......??? It's going to be even busier for the next couple of months as I finish up at the old job and get settled into the new one. Ahhhh, thanks for letting me vent a bit!
        Wishing everyone a great day!
        Lola
        :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

• bakermom
          Missouri Star
          • Sep 2010

Oh my! Why does that always happen when you're in the middle of an artic blast? our furnace at work has been acting up, too. i think it's finally fixed. It was 2 degrees when I came home this a.m. Now it's a balmy 14. I don't plan on sticking my nose out of this house till it's time for work tonight. Gee, maybe I can spend the day sewing BBQ beef is in the slow cooker. My day is complete!
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• toggpine
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2009

Good day my quilty friends!
            It is frosty and clearing off here. We had some overnight fog, but I think the sun will shine through. I will be able to see if I missed any spots on the kitchen windows here shortly!
            There are some disadvantages to having a wood stove as your only source of heat. Dusting and vacuuming being the first, then over the course of the winter the kitchen windows pick up a haze. I think that is partly from cooking, but the little puffs of smoke peek out when I open the door to toss in wood, and I can always smell them in the kitchen. Must be the way the air travels through the house. I just could not stand to look out those windows another day, so I cleaned them yesterday evening. Now I get to see what I missed when the sunlight finally hits them this morning. The Windex is still on the counter, just in case!
            I have the aardvark on the cutting table and about half cut. Miss Em will be so happy to have it when I am finished. She wants to help, so I'll let her help me stuff it once it gets to the floppy stage.
            I'll need to haul in some wood for the stove before I finish cutting, AND start to think about dinner. Some days I don't wanna be the mom anymore. Does anybody else get to the point where they just don't wanna hafta think about what's for dinner AGAIN?
            Well, I guess I had better go spelunking in the freezer for supper before I get to sewing and forget all about it.
            I really hope your furnaces all get up and working today. It sounds like more cold is coming your way. Ugh!
            Take care! Cathy
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• Blondie
              Missouri Star
              • May 2010

Long day here gals with unexpected visit to dr and tests for Mom. Too much to go into but let's just say that whenever or if I am absent it is generally because I am with my precious Mom. Her gall bladder surgery will be scheduled within a few weeks from now once she is finished up with some meds she started today. Ms. Grouchy Pants didn't get her hair done today. Just as well. Besides a cut, she wanted me to pull her through the cap. After the day I had, I would've drawn blood, especially if she was being her sullen self. Get a grip, girlfriend; life is as hard as you allow your outlook to be!. So many times I would like to tell her to live my life one day. She thinks I have it made because I am married. What? She's been married three times. Wassup with that??? Hello . . . lol

Lola, wish we could swap our hair cutting skills on each other. I still cut my own and will once a year or maybe twice a year get one of the gals I work with to even up the back. I am not real fussy - keep my hair on the short side but I hate to be nekked. LOL. I like the messy bed head look because that is made for me. I get in there with the razor and texturizing shears and voila! Been cutting my own hair for so many years that it is a piece of cake.

Cathy, we need more wood cut and brought in for this cold weather. I believe this has been the coldest winter we've had in YEARS. I thought last winter was bad but I keep hearing the weather folks say this is worse.

Sandy, I love that show when I get a chance to stay awake. Watch it on demand most of the time. Hope you got your furnace fixed.

I know I am leaving folks out here - gotta jump in the shower and head down to Mom's for the night. She no longer has internet or cable or dish or - geesh, at least she has electricity. We will put in an old movie and talk ourselves to sleep. She's such a keeper.

Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• janluna
                Missouri Star
                • Oct 2009

Blondie, you asked after Laura. She has a sinus infection and pleurisy so she's not feeling her best right now. I told her everyone here misses her and she said to tell you she misses all of us too and when she gets her life under control again she'll be back.
                Also Gina is good and someone told her she was online too much so she has been trying to stay off of the computer. I told her we needed her more than anything and to come back. She said she'll check in more often. lol
                As for Bridgett I haven't seen her on here for a while. I miss her. Maybe Shelia knows what's up with Bridgett. I love the way she and shelia interact. They make me laugh out load! I miss them. I've talked to Shelia she is just way busy. She'll be on more soon I hope.
                Sandy I hope you get your furnace fixed soon. It's just too cold to be without heat. I don't blame you, I'd be looking for my electric blanket too. I'd be running around the house with an extension cord and wearing my blanket! LOL
                Blondie I'm with you for the bed head look. Shaggy is good! You can always blame it on the wind if you have a bad hair day.lol I love that tousled look. My husband likes it too except he wants it down to my ankles. I got a Bob, no more long hair, I'm too old to have long hair and I definitely don't need all that work. Men just don't understand how hard it is to have long hair when it's fine and straight. I'm sincerely thinking of dying my hair grey just to get it over with. No more dying, no more long hair, I'm going short and windblown and grey!!
                Love you all, Praying for you and your Mom Blondie. If you think of it ladies send a prayer up for Laura and my granddaughter. Emily lost 50,000 points on her blood levels
                and could use a push up to normal levels again. Hugs, Jan
                Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• quiltingtrish
                  Banned
                  Missouri Star
                  • Sep 2009

Hi - really tired tonight. So it's going to be quick.
                  Fingers are pretty cold - about 55 in here, they say the furnace part should be here tomorrow. Hope so.
                  Talked to Odie last night - is feeling better.

I'll have to read all the posts on Wed. tomorrow when I'm more awake. I was out shopping tonight for stuff for Odie so it can get in the mail.

Prayers for those - always say mine as I'm laying down and throughout the day.

Hugs,

Comment

Working...
                  X