Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: New quilter

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Default New quilter

Hello, everyone. I just found this wonderful forum! I'm a little bit past the "beginner" stage, but have a long way to go. I've done mostly simple things for Project Linus; but now I'm venturing into the bed-size quilts. My plan is to make my siblings quilts for Christmas. We'll see which Christmas (LOL). I'm a "snowbird", Georgia in winter and Minnesota in summer. I look forward to learning lots from all you gals.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New quilter

Hi there, Brendadawg....glad to meet you. Hang around a while, we have a lot of fun!

Heck, I bet you'll be able to get ALL those quilts done by Christmas. Just get on it!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Great to have you brendadawg! I think you're gonna like it here

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Brendadawg....I'm a newbie here tooAnd, winters and summers in MissouriLOL I just stack my stash for 'in case of snow'...even when shopping in JulyLOL Skeat

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I need an "incase of snow stash" Skeat! I'm in Arkansas and thrilled to have so many new quilting friends! As for Christmas I have no idea what I'll get done but good luck with your quilts Brendadawg!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

welcome!! glad you found us...love Project Linus...I just adopted a marine platoon in afghanistan and I am rounding up my quilting friends to start a "quilts of valor" group....such worthwhile things for our wonderful quilts to go to!!! I think that everyone needs a comfy quilt to make them feel safe and warm...
    Michele

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Shell... great idea. As the recipient of a QOV I can tell you they mean a lot to us. I have a spent a wee bit of time with the chapter that gave me mine - wonderful women every one.. and i have also made and gathered blocks for Home of The Brave.. that group has a little different focus than QOV, they serve the families of the fallen .. there are many links to be found just entering 'Home Of The Brave' .. I hope some of you will check out both resources in your respective areas. Yes, a little bit of home, a bit of personal attention , knowing someone cares means so much.
    Thanks Shell for bringing up QOV.. and I hope your group grows and grows. While there is a need.

That's' me holding the quilt - and the Chapter Pres has just awarded it to me ... perhaps you can tell, this chapter accepts fabric donations and the quilts reflect that mix.. I have seen many in just RWB but when I asked, I suggeted one that was 'girley' would be nice. I use it often... and truely appreciate the Thank You label that reflects my years of service.

Edited to say - I'm sorry I forgot to say Hellow and welcome to Brendadawg! Hello there you will like it here
    If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, this is a great site and the MSQC girls are the best with ideas and advise. I just am so lucky to be two towns over and I am bad that I do not visit enough. Enjoy!
    Happy Quilting
    Daniela

http://pinkquotidian.blogspot.com/

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, we have some very giving folks in this forum. I am inspired! Vader, Shell, Brenda, you guys are awesome!