Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disappointed in Fabric.com

After deciding on a price for my rag quilts I placed a big order with Fabric.com for some cute flannel prints.

I order a yard of 17 different fabrics. A couple of days later I got an email from them saying that 2 of the fabrics were out of stock. They asked if I would like the order as is or if I wanted to cancel the order. So I went back to their site, found 2 more fabrics and replied to their email asking to add the two yards. They wrote back saying they couldn't do that. I could take the order as is or cancel it. Okay...I'll take the order as is but asked why they couldn't add to it. They never replied.

So a week goes by and I haven't received any information about shipping or anything so I go to their site, check my account and it says "order pending". So I called them and spoke to a nice lady in their customer service department. She said she didn't know why the order hadn't shipped, perhaps there was a miscommunication between their order resolution department (the department that was emailing me) and their shipping department. She assured me she would have the order shipped first thing this morning.

This morning I get another email from the order resolution department saying there is yet another fabric that is out of stock and asking me if I wanted the order as is or to cancel it.

Well I just cancelled it. What a rigamarole! I ordered just a yard of each fabric.

I got a flyer from my local fabric store showing that their flannel is on sale for $4.50/m The flannel at Fabric.com was $5.08/yard so I get 3" more for cheaper AND I don't have to pay shipping or duty.

I don't think I will try Fabric.com again in the future.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Disappointed in Fabric.com

That is a bummer! Sorry you had a bad experience. I have only placed one order with fabric.com. Luckily, I didn't have any issues.
    Lori

3. Thanks Daytonalady thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had such an experience. Substitutions aren't always an option when the company is large since there's so many hands. I've only had a good experiences with them, how great you found a local deal on flannel celebrate by buying yourself something!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tanya..lately I have been receiving very slow service from Fabrics.com. I've not had the problems you experienced but I'm thinking twice about doing anymore business with them. I'm so glad you found a better deal without having to pay shipping and duty.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just got an order from them a few days ago that got to me quicker than a MSQC order placed the same day. On a past prder I got an email telling me one of the fabrics I wanted was out, did I want to order without, cancel or replace with something else. I looked and looked and the only fabric I decided I wanted was a little bit more expensive. I did the math and told them if they sent me 7/8 of a yard it would work out to about the same cost. They sent me a yard. That has been a couple years ago, maybe they have someone else working in that department now.

Glad your local shop is having a sale. It sounds like it all worked out for the best, but I'm sure it's frustrating.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got that out of stock email too. It irritates me when something is listed as in stock then you get that message!
    I used to order a lot from them, but I don't much anymore. I do find they got much slower than they used to.

AND they don't send funny happy messages like M* does when you order from them! I mean, how can I order form a store that isn't going to farewell my stuff with a party that includes speeches and a cake, and then send it in a horse drawn carriage in it's own parade while singing to it???
    Cathryn

8. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Cathryn...as Sue would say SHUT UP! Your mail is delivered in a horse drawn carriage??? LOL

I wanted so tell Fabric.com that if they had filled my order the day I ordered it, the stuff I ordered would likely have been in stock! But I was polite, I just told them to cancel my order, in bold letters and capitals...no exclamation marks

10. Thanks Cat n bull thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Was it Fabric.com that just sent out notices about a hacker getting into their customers accounts back in October or so? I have not ordered from them again. Never even used the "apology" discount.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mommadeb View Post
    Was it Fabric.com that just sent out notices about a hacker getting into their customers accounts back in October or so? I have not ordered from them again. Never even used the "apology" discount.
    That was FabricDepot.com and I didn't use mine either.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

13. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you had problems with Fabric.com I've ordered from them many times and never had a problem. Usually, if I see that they only have a couple yards in stock, I will look for something else. Their fabric is very nice and I get my orders within a couple days. Of course, I order as much as I can from MSQ. Their quality and service is super!