Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday, February 1 - wow!

Welcome to the Love Month, girlfriends! Love is always in the air around here, especially since hubs is back at work, hehehe. Absence DOES make the heart grow fonder.

I haven't turned on the news yet; have just been reading all my news online and haven't even peeked at the weather situation for my middle country friends. Know you continue to be in prayers for safety and warmth. Hope that this has been a big hullabaloo for nothing.

Has anyone here made a Dear Jane? I am always looking for something to keep in my handsewing basket and wondering if that would be a project? I enjoy the cathedral windows to sew but am intrigued by the dear jane. Of course, I don't have the book or instructions but that is easily remedied.

What's up for today?

Off to get my second cup of joe. Mmmmm good. I've made some for you as well.
    And for my tea imbibing friends, I always have tea on the ready, too.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Tuesday, February 1 - wow!

We have a little ice right now. According to the local news today shouldn't be to bad. Tonight we are supposed to get rain. Which could be nasty once the temp drops. Most of our schools are opening late. Today is my baby's 22nd birthday. He grew up way to fast. Hopefully, today I will get some sewing time in. Have a great day!
    Suzette

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday, February 1 - wow!

We are getting freezing drizzle and the heat at work is busted. I should make a nice little chair quilt and keep it here for the next heat outage....which seems to be frequently this winter!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!

Well it hit, a slight smithering of snow, but the wind is blowing like a son of a gun. Not sure if the roads are icy or not, but hope not as my co-worker has to go to the hospital 40 miles away for a scope. Her tummy or ponza (sp?) as she says is not feeling too good these days.

Finished another BOM last night. I really don't love the colors on this quilt as it has way too much pink in it for my taste, but really enjoying putting together each block. It is a real learning experience.

Hope each of you has a safe and blessed day. Stay warm!!!!

Looks like a hot cup of tea day today!

God bless and take care.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Right in the middle of the Heartland here, and I peeked outside about 3 a.m. to see no changes on the ground . . . almost 6:30 a.m. and still nothing but a very fine dusting of questionable substance. I don't want to open the door and check it out. Have no reason to be outside so I'll stay indoors and hope we don't lose power. If I look at the weather map I feel quite certain that most of the worst is going to creep around on both sides of us. My eternal optimistic self speaking here.

Today I am determined, one way or the other, to understand the complex threading on my serger (nick-named Sergio . . . a definite Latin lover). I really want to use this machine and see no reason why I spent good money for it and here it sits . . . a full four months later and I've only used it twice before a thread broke . . . Should I have researched more before buying and found one that was self-threading?

Almost finished tying off the lavender lap top. Need to get that in the mail - but looks like 'neither rain, nor sleet, nor dark of night . . . ' or however that line goes - will get it there any quicker than it has taken me to finish it.

Need to hit the kitchen too, making lemon-poppy seed biscotti this morning. Yummy. I'll take you up on another cuppa, Blondie!!

Hugs to everyone.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Tuesday, February 1 - wow!

Today it's a cold day.
    Luckely we don't have rain. We don't have snow anymore here all is gone. May it'll come again. We'll see.

I would love to stay at home and sew a little bit, but I have to work.
    just 2 hours left, then I'll go home.

Unfortunatly I couldn't sew for two weeks. We renovated my sons bedroom past weekend. We bought new furniture and painted the wall. Now I have to clean up all the mess. After that I hope that I can finde more time to finish my quilts.

Have a nice day.
    cu & hugs
    Carmen

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

From SW PA............we have rain, slippery spots for sure and not fun driving on the interstate. Wish I was home sewing today, but that will have to wait until tonight. I am working on finishing a mystery quilt that a dear friend of mine and I were working on. She passed away in October and I never did finish it. I miss her so and it sure takes a lot away from my quilting not having her around. That's why I am so happy I found this site. At least I have people to chat with and show my projects to. What is a Dear Jane? Have a great day everone, stay safe. Elaine

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Blondie, what is a Dear Jane?

We're certainly iced in, but that's okay, we don't have anywhere to go. I'm working on some table runners today. I have the blocks made so I should be able to assemble them, unless the power goes out, but we're praying that doesn't happen.

Time to make some coffee and get it going! Have a great day everyone!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So it was -26C here this yesterday morning. We are expecting a snow storm tonight into tomorrow. Looks like tomorrow will be good quilting day. A little warmer today -17C.

Stay warm, stay safe!!

Monique

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Steaming hot English Breakfast Tea warming my hugging-mug fingers, and toasty warm breakfast fogging the frost bitten window scene out my kitchen nook, cause no doubt of the coming storm! The Midwest city bracing for Blizzard 2011 began with a black icing over night, but an interrupted sleep made us aware the storm had begun when the roaring engine of a teenager's car struggled to rock from the ditch! Then in the early hours of morning, trucks with plows interrupting the darkness, made us crawl from our warm cocoons to listen to school closings as media reminded their neighbors how to handle the necessity to leave homes. Why do they choose to stand outside in the freezing winds to prove a storm?
    Now, 3 hours later, and another hot cup in hand, my window shows the silent snow has crept into our region and is leaving a blanket of white stuff. They are predicting 7-8 inches by supper and more to cover tomorrow.
    So, sewing will fill my quiet hours while DH is gone to office and elderly dad snoozes.
    God bless each one of you and keep you safe and hopefully warm! Debi