• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lisapc
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2012

Re: House quilt- Help!

This quilt is on my "Wanna Make" list which is a while off but I still wanna know when I get to it. I am hoping to do simple wall hangings with the kids in a few weeks.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

• Wanda Parman
      Beginning Stitcher
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
      Wonder how she made those work when the 5" spacers are too small.
      Good question!

Comment

• Wanda Parman
        Beginning Stitcher
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Lisapc View Post
        Are you kidding? I really think that we need Jenny or whoever designed this quilt to tell us what they did.
        I agree with you!!

Comment

• BeckyMSQC
          Beginning Stitcher
          • Dec 2012

Please bear with us ladies. I am going to sit down with Natalie and find out for sure what size that spacing is. I just want to make sure we get you guys accurate information the first time. Sorry for all the confusion but we will get it figured out!

Comment

• BeckyMSQC
            Beginning Stitcher
            • Dec 2012

We working on getting the correct answer right now.

Comment

• kensington
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2012

If you use a layer cake for the white hexi's you don't use it for the spacers. The Hexi roofs and Hexi spacers are from a 10 inch, cut with half hexi ruler. But the vertical spacers between the houses, are cut from yardage and are 5 1/4"

They work if you sew it together in rows, a row of houses and spacers, and then a row of Roof's with Hexi spacers.

Don't forget your larger spacer at the end of each row, it's cut 10"x7 5/8"

Comment

• BeckyMSQC
                Beginning Stitcher
                • Dec 2012

Okay I spoke with Natalie and she said when she designed the quilt she used layer cakes cut in half but they had to do some stretching and such to get the houses and roofs lined up. She did it this was so she could get two pieces out of one layer cake. I know some of you have the magazine and the directions in there are different. The magazine calls for that piece to be 5 1/4 inches. This way will work as well and will eliminate the stretching to get the houses to line up but you will need to get 2 yards if the background pieces. Also the end pieces will be 7 5/8 inches at the start and end of the rows. If you have any questions please let me know. I will be keeping in touch with this post to answer any further questions.

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
                  Missouri Star
                  • Apr 2010

Becky darlin'! Thanks for solving the mystery!!! I definitely have plans to make this quilt. Looks like a great scrap quilt to use up some stash!
                  Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• kensington
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by BeckyMSQC View Post
                    Okay I spoke with Natalie and she said when she designed the quilt she used layer cakes cut in half but they had to do some stretching and such to get the houses and roofs lined up. She did it this was so she could get two pieces out of one layer cake. I know some of you have the magazine and the directions in there are different. The magazine calls for that piece to be 5 1/4 inches. This way will work as well and will eliminate the stretching to get the houses to line up but you will need to get 2 yards if the background pieces. Also the end pieces will be 7 5/8 inches at the start and end of the rows. If you have any questions please let me know. I will be keeping in touch with this post to answer any further questions.
                    We think alike Becky!

Comment

• BeckyMSQC
                      Beginning Stitcher
                      • Dec 2012

I am glad this helped!!! I learned a lot too. If you guys ever have any questions please call or email us. We may not answer every phone call but we will call you back. We also answer very email...might take a day or two but you will hear back from us!!!

Comment

• Wanda Parman
                        Beginning Stitcher
                        • Apr 2013

Thank you so much for the info! I will have to cut all new pieces beings I used the layer cake, but that's ok. I just want it to work!

Comment

• Wanda Parman
                          Beginning Stitcher
                          • Apr 2013

I am glad this helped!!! I learned a lot too. If you guys ever have any questions please call or email us. We may not answer every phone call but we will call you back. We also answer very email...might take a day or two but you will hear back from us!!!
                          Thanks Becky!!

Comment

Working...
                          X