Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Help with deciding on the backing

Okay I've got the entire quilt top finished and bordered. Now I just need to decide what I'm going to do for the backing on it. The fabric I have is not wide enough to do it as a single piece I'm going to have to add width to it.

Option 1: double up on my backing fabric to make it fit

Option 2: use the backing fabric and border it equally with left over fabric used to make the top quilt.

Or any other suggestions from you. I'm new to quilting and still picking up the pieces here and there.

THe link will take you to the pictures I have so I can help y'all have an idea of what I'm talking about.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...EU&usp=sharing

The pictures are of the main backing piece and possible choices. The last three pictures are of the quilt top to give y'all an idea of what I've done.

Thanks for the help.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need Help with deciding on the backing

The top is very well done! I love to have some piecing on the back with the fabrics from the front. I have pieced the back on a couple of my quilts and it makes the back so much more interesting. Any combination of the fabrics you have will look great. Lisa
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need Help with deciding on the backing

Instead of bordering the backing, you could run the extra thru the middle I have also turned fabric sideways on the back and it covers the area better. If you have small pieces or left over blocks I have also done a giant Cross for the back. So many possibilities, as long as you have enough fabric