Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Thursday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a68f4b34afbf131695021ba6800082a1.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	45394

Happy Thursday Morning Folksies!

Wellsir, I have been awake quite awhile, just not online. Hubby just left for work and here I sit, trying to read some of what I missed after yesterday morning. Golly gee whiz folksies ~ we have some very busy peeps here.
    Yesterday I was able to do just a little work in the yard - in between showers. To those who like old tymey stuff and plants, etc. you may understand my excitement at finding some blood root near our wood pile yesterday. Of course it was near some poison ivy, which is also what it is good for pre treating yourself I have been told for years.
    I also checked on some of the plants that I put in various pots to root. Never 100 per cent perfect on anything, I was delighted to find that some of the creeping hydragea rooted, naturally the curly willow did, all the usual suspects like mock orange and forsythia as well. These may well be common for most folks; I have learned for my own mental well being of happiness that for me to be successful in gardening, planting multiples of plants happy in my yard is the way to go.

I spent the afternoon FMQ a panel from GrammaJudy for Marilyn's PICU group. Almost finished sewing the binding down last night before bed. I also did a few falling charm blocks. Now, let me tell you something about myself. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to anything. Really. I couldn't get the charms to look right. I kept looking at the tutorial and putting the "corners" in the wrong direction. Go ahead and laugh at me. After a good talking to myself, I did kinda laugh at me, too. I collected them all in a stack and said to myself, I said, Blondie, this isn't rocket science. Try again tomorrow. Jean, I almost called you. LOL.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. Off to get ready for work and the usual suspects.

Blessings, prayers, hugs and smiles. Go back and read about my falling charm fiasco and smile again.

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Thursday

I also had to play with a charm pack.. Had the same problem, Blondie. Thankfully it was a small pack, but I had to have those little people in it facing right side up... Nightmare and I promise never to do that again!! It'll make a cute PICU quilt if I can ever face finishing it.

Had horrible storms thru the night, lost power and went off to bed early. Woke to more rain and flash flood warning. I am so thankful we live on "high" ground. There was a "river" flowing thru our back yard.. hope it didn't wash away the tool shed.

Off to get a cuppa and start my day. Laundry to finish and making those Chicken wraps like McD's has for supper tonight ... Last nights meal had no left overs. Isn't that suppose to mean we'll have beautiful weather today??

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Blondie, No coffee this morning as my DH is still sound asleep so I'll have to make it myself. After a PT workout yesterday afternoon and an evening photography class he was all tuckered out last night. He started PT because of arthritis in his back is giving him pain in his left leg.

Since it has been so nice and warm out recently I was planning some puttering in the garden today. Turns out it's cold and raining so that's out and I'll be going back to sewing. I have already unstitched yesterday's sewing mistakes and am ready to sew again, that is after I double check that I'm sewing the pieces together correctly this time. Sometimes I think I can sew some simple blocks in my sleep but yesterday I guess I had a nightmare while doing them.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; April 18th, 2013 at 07:36 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I woke up feeling like I'm getting DH's awful cold. I sure hope I'm wrong. We have a chance of high winds today and tonight. Sewing is slow around here lately. It was on hold while I finished getting taxes ready, now there are outside things to do and I'm having problems getting back in the swing. I hope that turns around soon.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends. I had just another day yesterday. I did finish the traveling book yesterday and will send it along this morning. Now I can get back to quilting. Hubby leaves for his trip on Tuesday. Getting him ready is wearing me out. AND no he can't do it by hisssself.

Nothing exciting happening in my world. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

oooooweeee - had to come in through the back door . . M* website is down in my part of the world . . .

Goooooood Morning my friendly stash bashing peeps . .

yesterday was a day of transporting fur babies to the groomer . . . had to drop off one fur baby -- 2 hours later pick up that furbaby and drop off another - 2 hours later do it one more time . .. so all 3 babies got had their day at the beauty parlor -- I know what you are thinking . . yes I know . . . . but the groomer is on a highway full of truckers -- the peeps that travel that road - thinks it's a high speedline . *ugh*~ . . -- if I ever dropped one of the leashes -- these schnauzers go on the hunt - I would never forgive myself if something bad happened to them -- it worked out best that way . . I had one on one time with each fur baby -- they love to go bye byes -- BUT as soon as they see me turning onto that highway . . since the VET is on the same road -- they start with the shakes . Miss Liberty Bell is so bad -- she spits up . . oh my*~ . .

anywho . . I have a project on the table - but have to run to the craft store 1st thing this morning . .
    sure hate the idea of --really-- getting dressed . I've become to the likings of those knock around clothes . . but sure can't
    wear those worn out babies in public . L*~ . .

ya'll have a great morning and a super day . . . and -- instead of -- having a good day . . Make it a Good Day
    2015 is here
    Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    Hubby leaves for his trip on Tuesday. Getting him ready is wearing me out. AND no he can't do it by hisssself.
    Must be Don's brother! After all the business trips/relocations Don has done in 21 years with Fluor Corp. - Oy! Same thing...
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

After cloudy, rainy days...it will be 82 today! My body is not happy with these drastic weather changes! The Fibro is screaming! My mind loves the sunny sky though so I will focus on that instead...

Working on unpacking fabric and notions in the sewing loft, painting the cutting table and other wood pieces I found for it. Got to get going on some projects that are due as soon as I can pick up an adjustable chair.

After Zander get out of school, time to take the GKs to the park! Let of some steam...

Huggers, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When most of you are getting up, my half day is over. So Iam always a little late or to early with what is yesterday for you or today or tomorrow ...

all I know for the moment: my cup of after-lunch-coffee is full and in some minutes it will be empty AND I spent this little break with you. Reading your post, looking to your pictures and I like it very much.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Forum Friends! It's pouring here in St. Louis, with an occasional rumble of thunder as a wake up call. We are in for flooding! Can't imagine that after being in heavy drought as late as February of this year, which almost closed down Mississippi river travel. I don't think people realize how much commerce goes up and down that river, and when it doesn't flow, neither do the things we need! It's full now! I checked it out myself Tuesday when I crossed it going to meet Robin!

That Falling charms thing is so simple to do, that is to make the blocks. Someone noted that my quilt that I showed had the blocks falling in a different direction than Jenny's. It has to be the way you create your block by adding the second strip. I put my block on the jelly roll strip with the small white piece on top, she might have done it opposite. So they will fall different directions depending on how you sew the blocks. Just do it the same way for all, and you'll be OK. I have trouble laying them out also. I do one row, then do the second row opposite, then copy the row that is 2 rows above it to make it turn out right. And I do individual placement of blocks, as in placing the colors, AFTER I lay out the matrix of blocks. It's just too much to think of as you are laying them out. So, don't feel bad Blondie about being confused. Laying them out seems simple, but you really need to concentrate to get them all right. Then I had to take them off my layout table to do some cutting yesterday, so I had to mark each block to make sure I didn't have to go through all that layout jazz a second time!

Today, I'm meeting with my plumber who is going to start up my sprinklers. Don't think I need sprinklers just yet, Mother Nature is doing a great job. But if the system is turned on, it is just a twist and a turn and the grass gets its sprinkle of water. Might as well do it now, it's spring!

Have a good day, even if those April Showers are following you around. They say the April Showers bring May flowers, and we'll all be looking forward to that.