Re: Giveaway Week 4 - January 28, 2011

Congratulations Sally!!
    Shelia

Comment

• JerriannM
      Beginning Stitcher
      • Jan 2011

Met my guy at work! 17 years and going strong!!!

Comment

• debinmalaga
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2009

Congrats, Sally! How fun to win, and what a great freebie. Enjoy!

Mike and I met in a time honored, traditional way - in a bar :-).
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

• SusieW
          Shiny Thimble
          • Jan 2011

My husband and I met at a dance club. oKay... a bar. We were nearly neighbors and had no idea. My cousin was getting me out of the house because I was not one to be out and socialize. Everyone said it would never work since we met in such a "horrible place". Here we are 20 years later. Wow--time flys.

Comment

• MarianneK
            The Guild President
            • Oct 2009

Way to go Sally! Can't answer the question but count me in!
            See what I'm sewing at http://disfordovey.blogspot.com

Comment

• Becki
              Shiny Thimble
              • Jan 2011

My fiance and I met at work. Was kindof funny cause after working with him some I started liking him and then would keep finding reasons to have to go and talk to him. He would see me coming and hide because (he says lol) he liked me and felt like he could fall hard for me and wasn't sure if that'd be wise. He would leave little notes and little smiley faces on my desk when I was out of my office and for a while I wasn't sure who was doing it until I caught him one day! lol He finally asked to to meet him for a drink and we have been together just about every day since! And that will be 4 yrs in June. He proposed to me September 2009 at a Journey concert and we are planning on a small wedding this summer and a big reception for all our friends and family!

Comment

• SusieQ
                4 Patch Pro
                • Feb 2010

Hello! My hubby and I met at church. We truly are each other's soul mates. 36 years together, and still loving every minute of it!
                Live Simple, Love Much, Laugh Often

Comment

• Carol_Ann
                  The Guild President
                  • Aug 2010

My hubby and I met at an indoor roller skating rink. Yes, that remark does date me ! I asked him to skate with me on a ladies choice, which gave me a chance to slip him my phone number. Happy to say we are more in love today than the year we were married ... which was 45 years ago.

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2010

I was in a relationship with someone else when I met my husband. I was working as a secretary in the Chemical Engineering Department at the University of Pennsylvania. He walked into the office one day and I was smitten. I left my boyfriend and married Joe. It was pretty funny now that we look back. Employees weren't supposed to be dating students in the department. If the chairman (my boss) found out I probably would've been asked to leave. I'm a fairly social individual and I had made friends with quite a few students in the dept. A number of these friends we had in common. When we'd go out with them we had to pretend we were just friends. We'd frantically make out in the car, straighten ourselves, and join the others as if nothing was going on. Fortunately, I found a job working at the performing arts center on campus which is where I wanted to work from the start. Once I transferred to the Annenberg Center we didn't have to keep our relationship secret anymore. We were actually married at St. Mary's on campus and had our wedding reception in the lobby of the Annenberg Center. Blue grass band and picnic themed food rounded out our big day. Great memories.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• CherylR
                      Quilting Guru
                      • Oct 2010

DH and I meet on Guam,where we were both stationed with the Navy. He walked into the barracks where I was waiting for a friend and I thought he was cute. Another girl that I really didn't like was telling people that she was going to go after him. Well I just couldn't let that happen, I thought it was a catch and release program.But the 4th of Feb we will celebrate our 28th. Wonder what he has planned???????
                      Cheryl
                      Hola from sunny Mexico, Cheryl:icon_wave:

Comment

• sconed1
                        UN-Biased
                        • Jan 2010

Congratulatsion Sally! You'll love the tumbler template! (I'm working on a tumbler charm quilt right now.)

My husband and I met at the church doors of our church. He had just gotten out of the Air Force and happened to be visiting home, on his way back to Florida. And I was planning to move back out west. Our paths crossed, and well, neither one of us continured on with our originial plans. The rest is history. We've been happily married for almost 29 years(this May).

Comment

• Pie54
                          Rotary Pro
                          • Nov 2010

I met my husband at the dental office

Comment

• gammysoap
                            Beginning Stitcher
                            • Dec 2010

I was working a booth for my employer at a county fair...... a tall cowboy walked up and said "HI, pretty lady, are you single and do you date?" well that was July 12, 1993. We were married a year later :-)

Comment

• toggpine
                              Missouri Star
                              • Aug 2009

Congrats Sally! I hope you have fun with your new template!

I met my husband when I was renting a pasture from the same folks he was renting a house from. His wife had left him during that time. I remember thinking, huh, I'd like to find a nice guy like him one day. I wasn't in the mind set for dating at that time due to college & the farm work. We were friends, but took us about 5 years to get around to meeting up again. Some of my buddies bailed out on a football game I had tickets to, so I called him and his son to see if they wanted to go. We had a great time. Then it took him a year to decide to ask me out again, but he was so sweet about it, I agreed. We were married two and a half years later. It will be 9 years in May!
                              Be who you are and say what you feel
                              because those who mind don't matter,
                              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• Stitchy
                                Shiny Thimble
                                • Feb 2011

So is this still open?

My husband and I met at a college football game through my sister. I had just gotten a divorce several months prior and my sister wanted to get me out of the house. He has been the love of my life for 27 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X