Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Newbie

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbie

HI!
    I just found you last night via a you tube tutorial. I'm new to quilting. I just started this past July. So, far I've made a few quilt tops, but haven' t done any machine quilting on them....hence the you tube experience. So, I'm glad I found you and look forward to learnig more about quilting from everyone here.
    A bit about me, I'm a married mom to 2 teenagers who works part time and have gone back to school to better my future job possibilites. I'm an avid cross stitcher, dabble in crochet every now and then and now I'm quilting every chance I get. I live in Baltimore, Maryland.

Susan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie

Welcome!! So glad you found us. The youtube tutorials are wonderful. There is also a wealth of information here on the boards...take a little while and look around. I've only been quilting a short time as well....and I'm hooked!! If you have any questions - ask...if you have any pictures - share!!!!
    Michele

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Susan! It's great to talk to new friends! hopefully you can find plenty of time to relax from all the business with a little quilting! I love to sit and sew and relax (in a manner of speaking) and come out of that time with something beautiful! And don't you love the video tutorials!! Us too!
    We'd love to see some of the quilt tops you've put together! They don't have to be finished to show pics! Here's a link where we discussed uploading pics for everyone to see! You can upload pics from your computer or from a hosting site (like photobucket)
    Good luck with your machine quilting!
    Hehe, in fact here's another link to a very recent conversation on Stippling and stitching in the ditch and machine quilting in general Feel free to chime in!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Susan, great to meet you and welcome you to the club!
    Any questions you have, feel free to throw them out here. We are a talkative bunch and would love to help in any way we can!