Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Show and Tell Week

Here it is, the middle of the month and time for an update on what cha all have been working on.. I'm wondering : What's on your design wall or under the needle. Drop by and share what project has grabbed your attention. Learned any new TIPS, share them with us, too.

I'm right in season this year with my Grandma's Garden Quilt. Still have 2 rows of flowers to finish before the quilt is as large as I want it to be. I'm already fussing with what the border should be. No tips, other than, patience. Don't rush the process. Once the small pieces are together the "strips" go fast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6297.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	45254

2. Thanks Cat n bull thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Show and Tell Week

Pretty colors in your quilt

I have been working on my maple leaf quilt....putting the rows together now, I have 4 more to put on and then the borders. There is one stem that I'm not happy with so I'm going to fix that. Then I have to get the backing fabric, I ordered some samples so I can make sure I get a good match. The quilting is going to take a while because it is going to be SITD....and there are a lot of ditches.

I ordered a layer cake and some yardage and will be making a Churn Dash quilt for my youngest sister. I will need to go to the LQS and get some additional fabric. I'm going to make my older sister the Broken Dishes quilt - trying to decide what fabric I want for that one. I have some patriotic fabric ordered to make the flag, from Jenny's tutorial....I want to hang that up for Memorial Day.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have been working on a few projects, A couple quilt tops for marilyn for the PICU group, a cute little wall hanging for someone moving into new home. Trying my hand at making a wallet its half done.thats enough for now. I love the half hexi quilt your doing so pretty and fresh and not 1 inch , I personally would go buggy doing 1 inch hexis but to all that are doing them they are beautiful. For me I could do this giant sized hexi.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Judy, I got the tumblers cut for my Summer Bazaar quilt. It's the cover quilt on the latest Quilting Quickly magazine. I love the Ty Pennington fabrics and can't wait to get it sewn together. I will have to wait a few days for my back to straighten out. I had exactly (to the last thread) the right amount of fabric for this quilt. It takes the equilavent of two jellyrolls and if you are super careful you can cut the 54 10-inch and 120 5-inch tumblers. My Tip: Take your time when cutting out your quilt pieces. Measure twice and cut once like the old saying!

I want to make another PICU quilt for Marilyn. Then I need to add borders on my DGS's birthday quilt (July) and my DD's birthday quilt (August) to make from scratch. I can do it if my back will cooperate.

Judy, I LOVE your Flower Garden quilt...it always makes me smile when I read your blog.
    Last edited by Bubby; April 15th, 2013 at 08:57 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually taking a food break as I type from putting the rows together on my stack and wack quilt. I need four blocks sewn for my bear paw quilt since I decided it needed another row. I have a couple quilts I'm ready to get the pieces ready for and since the weather has decided to play nice I think I'm in the mood to work on a seersucker summer quilt I started last summer. Thanks for asking and love you Grandmas flower garden, I bought the 5" hexi template trying to decide what fabric to use I love the way you did yours! I may do scrappy colorful flowers and a white background

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting on some fabric to arrive so I can finish up the borders on a tumbling charms quilt (used honey honey). Am also waiting for a quilt to be returned from the laq so I can put the binding on it. This is the first quilt I've sent out to be done and asked her to quilt it as she pleased. Its supposed to be mailed today and I can't wait to see it!
    My next project is a weave pattern from the moda bake shop using Double Chocolat. I'm really anxious to get it started.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on the "falling charm" bandwagon. Finished one for the PICU, have the blocks for a second usinf Lorax fabric for a famly member all done and laid out, and I'm going to use my Ellie Ann fabric charms for a queen size for my bed. Got the border and backing and extra charm packs yesterday at my LQS. My grandkids had fun looking at all the fabrics for kids and wanted their own stuff! I was amazed that they were that interested in it! Even the 9 year old boy! He found some appliques for his Aunt Shellie, at $8 a pop! Then he was so sad that her birthday wasn't until December, so I made him put them back! He is such a great kid!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first mug rug. Made it for my DH. I found this 'guy' fabric and the monkey wrench pattern. The layout is my own. I think this will be the first of many. Right now I am still on the make-up bag project and am teaching my cousin how to make them. They are fast and fun! Whatever will will do with them all? Lots of gifts waiting to be given, I guess.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	45260

10. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well I can't figure out how to put a picture in here. I'll keep trying.
    Shirley

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished my DGS's birthday quilt; hope to mail it to him this week. Next up is an Advent calendar (don't laugh; I'm REALLY slow. Yes, I'm slow THAT way, too! ) and some mug rugs. I have a billion projects lined up in the back bedroom (aka my toy room, aka "the Dungeon"), which I have to get moving on, because DS#8 is graduating from college and wants his room back! Happily, he is willing to share his space with my toys.