Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Everything At Our House Come to a Halt. . .

. . when the Masters Golf Tournament began on Thursday. It ended this evening with a young man from Australia, Adam, winning on a two hole playoff. His opponent in the playoff was a 56 year old gentleman, Angel, from Argentina. The two of them were very competitive but in no way unfriendly for unsportsman like. I wanted both of them to win. If you follow golf, you already know that. If you don't. at least you know why I haven't cleaned house or quilted in four days. I might add that this is the first Masters win (ever) by an Aussie. I'm happy for them.

The Masters Course is in Augusta, Georgia, USA, and is absolutely beautiful. The Old Course in Scottland is probably more historically notable but the Masters is "right up there."

I played golf at a very amatuer level until I had major surgery in 2009. I would like to play again - just for fun - but I don't think I can swing the clubs effectively. I plan to try a three-par course sometime this summer. Maybe, just maybe . .

Now that I've wasted four days and bored everyone with my chatter it's time to get back on track. Cleaning and quilting coming up this week. Hope all is well with everyone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Everything At Our House Come to a Halt. . .

Mary Ruth, that is about the same time I was forced to give up the sport due to a shoulder injury. I played at the high school and college level then enjoyed the game for many years after competition ended. Last summer was the first time I was able to complete a full swing and did some practicing in our yard, spent the winter doing some strength training and I am looking forward to getting out on the course as soon as the weather begins to cooperate.
    Good luck with the rehab, hope you get a chance to enjoy the courese this summer.
    Beth

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI !!!..............

"Do you come from a land down under?
    Where women glow and men plunder?
    Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
    You better run, you better take cover."

I come from a land down under
    Where beer does flow and men chunder
    Last edited by Lissau; April 14th, 2013 at 11:04 PM.

4. Thanks auntynell thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lissau View Post
    Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI !!!..............

"Do you come from a land down under?
    Where women glow and men plunder?
    Love Men At Work! I think we are showing our age though...

We watched a bit of the Masters, my brothers are both golfers, but hubby and I have never gotten into it. I think it would be fun, just keep coming up with other things to occupy our time. Hope you can get back out on the course! Lisa
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

lolololool Lisa l cant hit a golf ball to save myself....my grandparents loved it especially my grandfather....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't golfed in years. Perhaps I will dust off my clubs. I just watched the Masters sporadically back and forth between quilting, cleaning, and dog feeding and brushing. TV been on though and tuned in so listened.
    SandyWhite
    Ocala, Florida
    http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

DH followed the tournment on and off until it was over. He is a golfer, or I should say was a golfer. He still hits balls at the range but his legs aren't up to playing the course even with a golf cart. Have to agree the grounds are beautiful especially with all the shurbs and trees in bloom.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I only follow Kenny Perry as he's semi local ... he's from one of the towns has a LQS I use.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad you enjoyed yourself. I am not into golf but a good girlfriend of mine is as well as one of my older brothers. Hubby was a league golfer for about 15 yrs but gave it up before we were together. He watched some of it the past few days and definitely watched the last bit today.

I went to the grocery today and on my way home I passed two different houses with men and women outside putting in their yards. I guess the season has begun. I hope you get to play yourself soon!
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

well, I don't get it . . why in the world someone would want to hit some tiny ball that they sit on a piece of stick and then hit it with
    something they called an iron - then walk for miles to toss their balls in what they call a washer - just to sit that little clean ball on that stick again - beat the tar out of it - after it's been washed - just to try to get the tiny ball in some hole - and then bring the eagles in on the deal . .

just give me a bowling ball -- I can throw that away - and the little booger comes back to me -- and without walking miles - don't have to toss it in a washer . . once in a while if I yell at it - it will come back with crap marks and I will have to polish it in my trustie 2 handle polishing towel . . YEP that works for me . .

LOL*~
    2015 is here
    Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other