Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm back online... Exciting weekend!

It has been an exciting weekend here on Crazy Woman Mountain!

It all started around 2:30pm Friday afternoon when someone about 10 miles away was putting in a fence post and broke the DSL telephone/internet line. We just got back online a little while ago.

Then Friday night about 7:30 MonkeyButt (the cat) jumped up on my lap and started having contractions. Why do all the female cats I've had insist on having their babies in my lap? We grabbed a garbage bag for protection and old towels and after 3 hours we now have 4 little kittens. 2 boys and 2 girls. We were watching John Wayne's movie Hatari at the time so I named the first boy which was pretty good size and sure took some time...Timbo (the name of the baby elephant in the movie) the second was another boy which I call Pockets after Red Buttons character and then the girls are Brandy and Dallas after the two girls in the movie. They all look pretty much alike. One of the girls is more of a gray tiger than the other 3 though. This is all the pics I have at the moment. I will have to get some more pictures taken and posted. I just love babies.. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Our friend from Texas showed up yesterday around noon. It was great to see him. We sat around and chatted for a while then went to town. We stopped at the local bar and grill and ate and then went to the store. Then came home and sat around drinking Corona Extra and lime...slight headache this morning ...wonder why. Daniel and ET sure have kept me in stitches...they are hilarious.

Today is a beautiful day 82* and sunny. We finally got our DSL back and able to get back on line and as soon as we did we lost power. It has been really windy and there must have been a tree blown down. It took about an hour before we had power back. And our mule KatieDip got out and we had to chase her down and get her back in the pasture..

Now I have a roast going on the rotisserie and we are having a great day...

So it has been an exciting weekend so far....glad to be back online though... I missed everyone.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

2. Thanks Evilynn, SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm back online... Exciting weekend!

Wow, exciting for sure! Look at that little face!! I'd love to volunteer at a shelter with kittens but I know I'd be sneaking at least one home every night in a pocket lol
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

(((Donna))), glad you're all safe up on the hill after all that excitement!

Sure wish Don didn't develop such sinus problems that we can't have cats indoors anymore. Even after the major Rotor job on his nose, still snoring and allergies! But there is nothing like a kitty's purrrrr to get rid of the blues.

Enjoy the feast you're cooking and have a drink for us, since neither one of us can drink. Heck fireshoot have 2 or more for us! hehehe

Huggers, Ruby and Don
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Exciting times indeed! Cute kittens! Glad they were able to fix your DSL and power so quickly. We sat out for a bit on the patio...so nice to have sunshine for a change! We may cook hamburgers out on the grill tonight...mmmhmm
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How sweet, those moma cats know a safe place to give birth. So manyf them go hide in a closet or drawer to give birth! You are the cat birthing coach!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

such cute kitties and an exciting weekend , relax and enjoy the babies, have a drink or 2. Glad your safe.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6o0Cah5kQU Just for you, Donna! Love the babies!
    MISA
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Misa...I love that song...and that show.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

10. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You do lead an exciting life Donna! Cute kitties!
    ~Kathy~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

DD said she heard funny noises outside her bedroom window last night - she's hoping her little female isn't in heat. Me, love the kitties - What the World Needs Now is more Kitties!!

Live on Crazy Woman Mountain is right up my alley. Glad to have you back on line though.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."