Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mixtape quilt - Picture added

I agree something similar could be done with jelly rolls but I don't think that's how the pattern is made if you look closely there are several different strip sizes and size groupings going on. Not all of it would account for cutting the strips apart for the blocks either. But I've been thinking about it and I think you could probably get a similar effect using a jelly roll and honey bun together. It'd end up more scrappy then the ones shown but I think it'd still be pretty cool!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that it looked like it could be made from strips of your favorite coordinating fabrics. Jelly rolls would work. The whole idea behind a mixed tape was that you pulled your favorite songs from a bunch of different albums to make one tape that fit your mood. (Thanks to the iPod no more hours in front of the stereo!) The quilt looked like it was made using fabrics that were all in the same color family, but possibly from different makers or lines. I was eyeing a bunch of my Halloween leftovers, and thinking that I don't really have enough to make a whole quilt, but this would be a great way to piece together the back, make a cute throw for the sofa, or a table runner to showcase my favorite little pieces and get them out of my stash!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

So cute and fresh looking! Thanks for the heads up on this pattern.
    Niki (Niurka)