Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Should I Buy a QuiltCut?

C,mon Joyce, ya know ya wanna tell them to get the June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by madampolo View Post
    Everyone knows I would never spend the money on it since a cheaper and perhaps an even better alternative exists.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter talked my husband into buying one for me for Christmas at least three years ago. I never even used it. A friend bought it from me for $100. Waste of money to me.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Accuquilt and I use it all the time,it makes cutting so much faster just bought the 2.5 inch strip cutter to make my own jelly rolls

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the video and it seems like it would be very helpful! I just can't find anywhere that sells it to get a price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarillo19 View Post
    I'm thinking about buying an Alto's QuiltCut but wondering if I'd use it enough to justify the price. Does anyone have one and how much do you use it? How much quilting do you do?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I see the Accuquilt Go cutter is on sale at Joann Fabrics for $199. I'm new to quilting and also was curious if anyone else has comments about their machines, if the price is worth it, if the cuts are really good, and how much time it really saves them. The dies seem really expensive as well which makes me nervous about the investment. I just signed up for some of the swaps and was thinking this would make the cutting go a lot faster and more precise. Anyone's thoughts?

I read the reviews on some sites and some of the cons were the price and the fact that it cuts into the mat quite a bit which means it needs replaced regularly as well.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Quilt Cut and use it for everything. For me, it was worth every penny. Yes, I have Joyces favorite shape cut, also. The Quilt Cut is heavy, so sometimes when I'm cutting in a place that is small, I'll use the Shape Cut. I don't have the big one, so sometimes
    I have to moe the shape cut to cut all the way across. Accuquilt? I don't do applique, I can't see the advantage for strips or squares.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bdmsmith View Post
    I see the Accuquilt Go cutter is on sale at Joann Fabrics for $199. I'm new to quilting and also was curious if anyone else has comments about their machines, if the price is worth it, if the cuts are really good, and how much time it really saves them. The dies seem really expensive as well which makes me nervous about the investment. I just signed up for some of the swaps and was thinking this would make the cutting go a lot faster and more precise. Anyone's thoughts?

I read the reviews on some sites and some of the cons were the price and the fact that it cuts into the mat quite a bit which means it needs replaced regularly as well.
    I've had one for 7 months and never used it. It seems a waste of fabric for strips and squares. If you are appliquéing, I can see having it for the shapes, but its much easier for strip cutting and squares to use the rotary cutter and ruler.

I have heard others say its easier for the, to turn the crank than it is to use the rotary cutter for arthritis and other injuries, but to me, it just didn't seem easier (I don't have arthritis or any injuries to hand, wrist, arm, elbow, etC)
    "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Machine Stitcher

Citrus Heights CA 15 miles north of Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like

I purchased one of these at a Quilt, Sew Expo and if it is the large cutting board and ruler I have, it is one of the greatest tools I ever bought. Straight cuts every time. Multiple cuts easy as pie.
    Watch the video and you will be cutting with it in no time at all. I was a bit intimidated when I first got mine. Now I even cut scrapbook paper with it (separate cutting blade from cloth one)