Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: French Toast Casserole Recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    OMGoodness, I have died and arrived at heaven's gate reading this! I adore French Toast and have never made this particular way. I may have to do this on Sunday morning for Mom and Luscious. With some maple flavored sausage links, ooooh yummy sugar rush.
    just remember to put it all together the night before and let it "soak" until the morning when you bake it....it's great for sunday breakfast or holiday mornings when you don't want to be stuck in the kitchen but want something really indulgent to eat!!
    Michele

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Mm-mm Yes Michele Definitely the same thing from that description, YUM, that and sticky date pudding are my two favourites for deserts on cold nights...or anytime really.

Blondie, what you describe sounds like sultanas, they are way smaller than raisins and usually a golden colour but do darken as they get more 'mature', they also get more sugery. They are made by semi drying white table (eating) grapes so have no seeds (pips). We use them in all sorts of desert type dishes or even salads and they are great for a quick pick me up snack straight out of the packet. They do them in small lunch box size packets for kids lunches, a pocket size healthy snack.
    I guess you could put chopped raisin or other dried fruit if you wanted to dress it up/make it sweeter for a desert or as Michele describes for a plainer version for breakfast. I love playing with recipes, they never quite end up the way they were in the book in my house.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

How many servings does this make? I'm 'doing' WW and would like to figure out the points. I think the butter, more than the sugar, would add to the calorie count. Sounds a recipe you could vary a bit.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You can vary the recipe if needed...I add less sugar and less eggs as I don't like it too sweet and I hate soggy french toast. I do not know what a serving size is...but it fed my entire faculty of 12 and my kids for dinner that night...so 14 servings out of a lasagna pan?? Sorry I can't be more help.
    Michele