Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Molly

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Miss Molly

Another update...Miss Molly is doing poorly. She is totally lethargic and won't eat or drink. I have offered her all her favorites and she won't even given them a sniff. I called the vet, but he is out of town today and can't be reached. I'm not sure if it's because her sugar is still low or because we skipped her insulin last night it is high. On dogs, you have to take their blood from a vein...a 3-person job with MM.

Jeff totally refuses to even consider putting her down. He won't even talk about it...his eyes fill with tears and he walks away.

This is a real ordeal...please pray for us.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Miss Molly

I am so sorry for this. I am praying for you. Nothing about this is easy.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this is so hard. My prayers are with you!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

give her some homey, you can rub it onto her gums with a finger. It will be absorbed across the membranes. A low glucose level is much more dangerous than a high one so you have nothing to loose.......i am a vet nurse & have dealt with many diabetics over the years.
    Hope she feels better xxxx

5. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

it sounds like her sugar keeps dropping, but why. I wouldn't give her any insulin till you find out if it is high or low. You may have to take her to an emergency place for blood test to find out. I'm keeping her in my prayers.
    DS sent pic of his dog with swollen face this morn. Took to vet and 2 shots later waiting for swelling to go down. Vet thinks its allergic reaction, but nobody knows to what.
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Barb, I am so sorry for this. Is there not another vet you could take her to? I know it would be quite a drive, but there is a 24 hr emergency vet up I-44 at Big Bend if you wanted to make the trip. Will say prayers for her. If you want the ph# PM me and I will get it for you.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for you, Jeff and Miss Molly.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Her sugars may be a bit out of whack but you said she is also dealing with an infection. Those will knock a dog down pretty far, I know my Spike laid around for several days with one. He wouldn't eat or do much of anything until the antibiotics really kicked in. Plus if Molly's is due to a bad tooth, she probably doesn't want to chew.

Hopefully that's all it is and she'll be back to her normal self tomorrow or her vet will be back in town.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers - this is so hard
    Thank you,

Ginny K

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doloris View Post
    it sounds like her sugar keeps dropping, but why. I wouldn't give her any insulin till you find out if it is high or low. You may have to take her to an emergency place for blood test to find out. I'm keeping her in my prayers.
    DS sent pic of his dog with swollen face this morn. Took to vet and 2 shots later waiting for swelling to go down. Vet thinks its allergic reaction, but nobody knows to what.
    My Ginger came in with her snout all swollen and it was moving up to where one of her eyes was slowing closing because of swelling. I gave her a Benadryl and all the swelling was gone within an hour. It happened again about a month or so later, once again a Benadryl took care of it. I don't know if she snorted something or got stung, but dogs can take benadryl and it works good against allergic reactions.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.