Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White lasagna

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default White lasagna

Has anyone ever made white lasagna? I saw it on Pinterest. I canít remember what all is in it, but I know chicken. A couple of my kids donít do red sauce

Thanks
    Connie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: White lasagna

Found this recipe
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/87...icken-lasagna/

Looks yummy, DH is trying to eat less red meat but really misses my lasagna, so I think i'll try this one for him.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've had it before and it does have white chicken, I think with a mushroom sauce. There was a hint of nutmeg as well. It was really good and must not have been too cheesy, because I don't like that!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Don't have the recipe handy but you trade the traditional red sauce for a white sauce and keep all the cheeses. It does make a good veggie lasagna since it includes chopped spinach, carrots, mushrooms, etc.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissMay in Jersey View Post
    Don't have the recipe handy but you trade the traditional red sauce for a white sauce and keep all the cheeses. It does make a good veggie lasagna since it includes chopped spinach, carrots, mushrooms, etc.
    That reminds me, Souffer's makes a vegetable lasagna in white sauce. I haven't had it awhile because it's so rich! Yummy though!

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Shows where my brain is this time of year, is it horrible I was hoping it was a white chocolate candy with layers of yummy caramel and nuts and stuff like that....
    Katrina

ďNothing can dim the light which shines from within.Ē
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had one from years ago-from Parents magazine I think. It was a white sauce that you added veggies to, spinach, shredded carrots, etc . My kids favorite was chopped broccoli and carrots. What was nice, it made a lot of sauce and you layered the uncooked noodles with the sauce and cheese, wrapped it with foil and ref. till you wanted to bake it. I would put it together in the morning and bake it for supper that night.
    ďWhat we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.Ē

― Albert Pine

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
    I had one from years ago-from Parents magazine I think. It was a white sauce that you added veggies to, spinach, shredded carrots, etc . My kids favorite was chopped broccoli and carrots. What was nice, it made a lot of sauce and you layered the uncooked noodles with the sauce and cheese, wrapped it with foil and ref. till you wanted to bake it. I would put it together in the morning and bake it for supper that night.
    You could add some cooked chicken too.

Joy, I haven't bought that in quite some time. It comes frozen in a family size pan. I like the small individual pans which serves DH and I as a side dish, going to add some on my shopping list.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A former colleague made a white lasagna. Her's was with a combination of salmon and seafood.

I will have to look for the recipe and translate it, if anyone is interested.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    Shows where my brain is this time of year, is it horrible I was hoping it was a white chocolate candy with layers of yummy caramel and nuts and stuff like that....
    Ohh I like this too. Add maple flavoured marshmallows and its a winner.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.