Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Last Hump Day of March

It is the last hump day of March already. By this month flew by. Easter is fast approaching. Please remember the true meaning and significance of Easter and not the commercialized holiday that it has become. Followed right behind by April Fool's Day. I don't do anything for April Fool's as I figure I celebrate it every day when I look at my at my husband and realize I married my April Fool's (LOL).

Hopefully April will bring the spring weather that we all so desperately need and want. I am so tired of looking at all the dead plants, empty flower pots, and sleeping trees. I want things to start blooming and turning green with bursts of red, pink, yellow, blue, and so many other beautiful colors that simply looking at them makes my heart smile. I am ready to sit outside in the mornings drinking coffee and listening to the sound of invisible wings as the hummingbirds are flitting around the feeders and the song birds calling to each other greeting the new morning.

Praying that each of you have a blessed day and remember to thank God that He gave you another day to be with your loved ones and to enjoy the day. Though it is sometimes difficult, look around you and find the beautiful things that surround you. It can be something as simple as a beautiful bird sitting on a branch outside your window to your grandchildren sitting on your lap. All of things are a blessing from God and give Him thanks for all that you have.

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Last Hump Day of March

All I can add to this is, "AMEN!"
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Rhonda, this is so beautifully said! I'm going to bump this up for the next few days so everyone can appreciate it!

5. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I sat on my deck at lunch time today...took off my socks and my hoody (had a tank top on) and soaked up the sunshine. It was wonderful. I really didn't want to come back to work...I took the long way back and put the window down and turned up the music and I sang a Bon Jovi song at the top of my lungs! LOL It felt great

Here was my point of view

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lunchtimesun.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	43822

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the uplifting message. I have been smiling all day. So far so good. I thank God every day for the blessings in my life. And there are many. The most amazing and beautiful grand children a Granny could ask for, a roof over my head, and a quilt in my hand. God is good, therefore my life is good. I refuse to let anyone or anything take that away. Many blessings to all who read her wonderful message and take it to heart.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So true. We all have so much to be thankful for. The mere fact that we are on a computer means we are among the wealthiest people in the world. We have so much that we can't appreciate it all. And in the end, things don't matter, it is the people in our life that make the difference. And quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

And technology has brought us together as a group of unique individuals who have a love of quilting, and are truly generous in spirit, shown in many material and spiritual ways! Love you all!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I saw my first Robin today!!! WOOOO!!!! Spring has officially arrived!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

mocking birds already building a nest in my yard, waiting for the rose blooms to pop...ahhh love it!
    These things, I warmly wish for you-
    Someone to love, some work to do,
    A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
    And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this, Rhonda! I really need to look up today!
    Isaiah 26:3-4 is helping, too!
    Blessings,
    ~ Sally \0/