Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's just not the same anymore - How sad

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Girl View Post
    well said and I agree completely. If you don't like what someone says and can't say anything nice don't say it at all !!!
    Alright you said in one sentence what took me a whole paragraph. Haha! Well done!
    ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didnít come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
    /
    Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive and forget, I don't think that rehashing it all day after day is helping it just keeps everyone in turmoil. If someone makes a nasty comment just let it go in one ear and out the other.
    Sherry

Have a kind and loving day

3. Thanks auntiemern, Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I read the occasional "there is too much contention on the forum" posts, but I almost never see an actual contentious post. If there is a lot of contention here, then why am I (and apparently others who seem puzzled as well) not seeing it? I come here every day, often several times a day to check in and I rarely see a post that seems anything but positive, encouraging and upbeat. So I just don't get these posts that say contention is taking over this forum.

The written word is so easily misunderstood since there is no facial expression or nuance to go with it. Perhaps, on occasion, some here are just being a bit too sensitive? (I know I can be at times!) And of course, maybe some truly unpleasant things are happening and being deleted before I see them, but as for me and my experience here, I find this a wonderful forum with little to no attitude. It would be impossible with so many people not to have a little bit of that, but maybe the best thing would be to do what our mother's taught us when we went off to Kindergarten -- if someone is truly being unpleasant, ignore them. If you don't, you just give them what they want, attention.
    Last edited by Suzette; March 26th, 2013 at 11:14 AM.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh.....i have been away too long. i don't know what is going on but that makes me very sad!!!!!
    Dream, Explore, Experience!

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad I dont know anything about whats going on . I was brought up with a verse in the bible which says whatever is noble ect., in otherwords if you cant say anything nice Dont say anything at all . and Ill just stick to that and thank everyone who makes learning this new (to me) craft

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzette View Post
    You know, I read the occasional "there is too much contention on the forum" posts, but I almost never see an actual contentious post. If there is a lot of contention here, then why am I (and apparently others who seem puzzled as well) not seeing it? I come here every day, often several times a day to check in and I rarely see a post that seems anything but positive, encouraging and upbeat. So I just don't get these posts that say contention is taking over this forum.

The written word is so easily misunderstood since there is no facial expression or nuance to go with it. Perhaps, on occasion, some here are just being a bit too sensitive? (I know I can be at times!) And of course, maybe some truly unpleasant things are happening and being deleted before I see them, but as for me and my experience here, I find this a wonderful forum with little to no attitude. It would be impossible with so many people not to have a little bit of that, but maybe the best thing would be to do what our mother's taught us when we went off to Kindergarten -- if someone is truly being unpleasant, ignore them. If you don't, you just give them what they want, attention.
    I don't ever see these posts either. I just don't understand.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMG Gran View Post
    So why do you keep bringing it up? From what I have seen, it is the same people that keep beating a dead horse. All of this is about to make me want to leave, and I have only been here a short while. If it is in the past, leave it there. I thought this forum would be as loving and kind as the Doan's themselves, who I have met on several occasions, not living that far from their store. I just recently realized they had a forum. I can't believe they would want all of this animosity.
    It is this type of tone that perpetuates the nastiness. Perhaps proofing your posts prior to posting would help alleviate some of these issues?

9. Thanks Evilynn, Hawaii Roxy, Jess1377, Lisapc thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

So true sis, mine are too.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WendyI View Post
    It is this type of tone that perpetuates the nastiness. Perhaps proofing your posts prior to posting would help alleviate some of these issues?
    Actually, her post was fine. But see, your response is what could really begin a whole new problematic issue. I think BMG Gran expressed herself just fine, but being called on the carpet for it is where a new problem is about to begin. If you didn't like her post, you could have (and in my opinion should have) just ignored it.

Come on folks! Let's all just agree to get along, stop complaining when someone's post doesn't sit well with you and let's just get back to talking quilting.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

12. Thanks Donna F thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I agree dear. You cannot get over something and put it in the past if you continue to bring it up or think about it on a daily basis. Let it lie, and get back to talking about other things, like quilts, mug rugs, grandchildren, children, annoying spouses, and a host of other things. We need to get back to praying for one another when things are good and bad.

What this forum needs for everyone to say prayers for everyone else and this forum. That is the only way to get this forum back to where it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by BMG Gran View Post
    So why do you keep bringing it up? From what I have seen, it is the same people that keep beating a dead horse. All of this is about to make me want to leave, and I have only been here a short while. If it is in the past, leave it there. I thought this forum would be as loving and kind as the Doan's themselves, who I have met on several occasions, not living that far from their store. I just recently realized they had a forum. I can't believe they would want all of this animosity.

14. Thanks Meli thanked for this post