Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 2 - January 14, 2011

I love to celebrate in July. Both mine and my Dad's bithdays are then. In my family we get to pick our birthday dinner every year. Well since ours are so close together (just 5 days apart, 18th and 22nd) we alternate who gets to pick dinner and who gets to pick the cake.

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Well my birthday is in march, and so is my Singer sewing machines. I got her for my birthday 3 years ago.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could remember when I got my Singer Touch and Sew, but I know I was in high school. My folks gave it to me; up till then I'd been using my mother's Singer which I think was her mother's before that. Both of them are middle-aged by now.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Gloria! btw I LOVE this give~a~way offered this week~!

My birthday is August 6th. My most recent baby (janome 6600) has the same birthday (just several years younger than I am I received it 4 years ago from my hubby as a bday gift and love it just as much today as the day i recieved it

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Gloria!! Can't wait to see what you make with your prize.

Well, since I can't remember when I got any of my machines, I'll tell you about my birthday in November. First of all, I've only ever worked on 2 of my birthdays. One I was in the Reserve and that year I was away on my 2 week annual training and the other was cause my daughter took so many days off that I had to work on my birthday. I don't let her forget it. When I take the day off work now, I grab my Bestest friend and one of my sisters and head to Lancaster (PA) for 2 days and shop at the fabric places! Also, make sure I get in a hot tub at a local hotel there.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

My real birthday is December 27th. As a child I didn't receive too many birthday parties because my birthday was so close to Christmas. My hubby has made a real effort every year since we were dating and married to give me at least a small birthday party with a cake, usually my favorite an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. YUM! YUM! I know, ice cream cake in winter is unusual, but sooo good! WHat a good hubby I have!

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

My birthday is Dec 16. Just before Christmas!... so quite often I combine birthday and Christmas gifts to get larger gifts, like my sewing machine!! Got my brother quattro like that.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I like to celebrate in March, I got both my Pfaff 2144 and my Tin Lizzie Queen Quilter in March (different years!) So yeah, March is a good month!

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Giveaway Week 2 - January 14, 2011

My Royal day is August 10th. In our house, you get to be "Queen" or "King" for the day! On your special day you get to pick all your favorite foods, favorite cake or pie and do whatever you want/or don't want to do! My sewing machines birthday is in February. It was a "half-way to my next birthday" gift to myself! Quilting Is My Passion!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

April in the 1950's provided great birthdays, first came me, then my grandmothers Singer Featherweight that is now mine, and then my hard hitting Singer 306K resale shop find. Yea!!!