Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snow Day in the Ozarks

What a snow day we have here. 6 inches of the white stuff fell on my little mountain. As I mentioned in the good morning thread my gazebo on my deck became a victim of the snow. I posted a pic there of the damage.
    Here are a few more pictures of the beauty of the mountain under a layer of snow.
    Haven't seen this much snow in 7 years.

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    My little cedar tree and a look at the distant hills.

[IMG][/IMG] Katie...glad I came out to throw her a bale of hay.

[IMG][/IMG] Vurlow...doesn't like the snow.

[IMG][/IMG] my cactus garden area.

Enjoy!
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Snow Day in the Ozarks

OMG!! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!! Do you have ANY idea how fortunate you are to live somewhere so GORGEOUS!! AND I LOVE your animals! Is that a donkey!?!? I mean how many people have one of those! LOL! Thanks for sharing. Just made my day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wendy.....Katie Dip is a mule, which is a cross between a horse and a donkey.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

You've certainly made me a little homesick for the area where I lived from 4th grade through high school - the 1960's. Seems we got a lot more snow in those days and there really weren't that many official "snow days" where school and commerce were closed. My grandmother's house was on a hill that sloped down in all directions so we had plenty of sledding options. Still have my original 1956 sled that has now become a Christmas decor item.
    Back "in the day" girls had to wear skirts/dresses to school, no slacks. Guess it made us a little tougher ..... I can remember daffodils peeking out of the snow on many Easter mornings.
    Thanks for posting this reminder of snow in the Ozarks.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing! Are you sending that my way? Oh boy!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

"Back "in the day" girls had to wear skirts/dresses to school, no slacks." Had to laugh because "back in my day" we used to wear those awful beige cotton stockings under our skirts/dresses to keep our legs warm. We used round elastic rings that we rolled under the tops and that was supposed to keep the stockings up but they didn't as the stockings kept sliding down. Take a step and pull up the right one, take another step and pull up the left one - never got us any place quickly. LOL!

Thanks Donna for the beautiful photos of your animals and mountain. May

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Donna - loved seeing your beautiful pictures!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Your mountain is gorgeous. You can keep the snow...I've had enough

Quote Originally Posted by MayinJerset View Post
    "Back "in the day" girls had to wear skirts/dresses to school, no slacks." Had to laugh because "back in my day" we used to wear those awful beige cotton stockings under our skirts/dresses to keep our legs warm. We used round elastic rings that we rolled under the tops and that was supposed to keep the stockings up but they didn't as the stockings kept sliding down. Take a step and pull up the right one, take another step and pull up the left one - never got us any place quickly. LOL!

I remember when we had to wear dresses to school. I was in JR High before we could start wearing slacks....no jeans. But by the time I was in high school that had changed and we could wear jeans. We were not allowed to wear shorts - times are a changin'.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MayinJerset View Post

Oh, May, what memories that brought. I thought I was the only one who was old enough to remember those stockings - and I honestly had been trying to bury the memory far and deep. Weren't they just about the ugliest things??

No snow in NW MO - I think the world is off-kelter about now and we should be able to plant gardens next November.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyequilter View Post
    Your mountain is gorgeous. You can keep the snow...I've had enough

I remember when we had to wear dresses to school. I was in JR High before we could start wearing slacks....no jeans. But by the time I was in high school that had changed and we could wear jeans. We were not allowed to wear shorts - times are a changin'.

I worked for the University of California during the late 60's - early 70's and was NOT allowed to wear slacks or any kind of pants to work. HOWEVER, this was the era of the 'mini-skirt' and I could wear those. I remember Al cautioning me every morning - "Ah, Honey, please don't bend over today . . . "

Times there are a-changing.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."