Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help Potty Training Little Boy

The one they showed you seems to have been discontinued, but I found this one that might work for Bubby.

http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com...g-Urinal2.html

Love ya sis.

2. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Uggg we are in the midst of potty training hell ourselves. I HATE potty training! I hated training my own kids and I hated that part about working with kids going through the process.

My grandson will be 3 in a few weeks, and he does not care at all that he is wet. And he can't be bribed either.

So without a REAL motivating factor, it is very hard to convince them that the potty really is a better place to go than the floor.

We do make it all as undramatic as we can. He does have to clean it up. He got mad because I took the towel to wipe it after he did, saying it was HIS turn to clean the floor, so not even that is a real deterrent for him!

I think the urinal is a great idea, I am going on the hunt to find one! Going to get some targets too. Cheerios in the toilet sounds very reasonable at this point. ;-)

I also think that it is absolutely important to let them know you are not happy they used your floor as a toilet. Not everything they do is good or wonderful or even acceptable behavior, and it is important for them to hear it from us when they make mistakes.

I KNOW Auntiemern that you will not shame him or punish him, just saying I do think they need to be told what's right and what's wrong.
    Cathryn

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

When my oldest son was being potty trained. We named his private part: George. So when I thought he had to pee. I would ask if George had to pee. It worked, plus I had my Husband go into the bathroom a couple of times with him. I also had a little stool for him to stand on while peeing into the toilet. Funny thing though, one day my Husband's Uncle came to visit us. I totally forgot myself and asked my son if George had to pee. Well Uncle George was wondering why I was asking if he had to pee. LOL I had to explain the situation. So if you give it a name , make sure no one in the family has the same name.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    He is 3. Maybe Wendy you should read a little about him http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...ht=child+abuse, and then look at my album, Gabes journey to understand part of our problem. We will try some of the suggestions here and no doubt will get er done.
    Well that is totally horrifying what was done to him. I hope his father is in prison?! Or did you do what I would have and beat him and then bury him in the back yard?!? I canNOT even BEGIN to comprehend that! That poor darling wee boy!!

You must be so very thankful that he is a normally adjusted, and intelligent boy! So lucky! But in that case, my post still stands. I understand that you have a special place for him in your heart because of all that he's been through, but that still doesn't change my view that he's having some manipulation/control issues at home if he is using the potty okay at school but not at home? The brightest little ones are always though very best at manipulating! Believe me I know! I sure hope you can find a solution...once you do everyone, including your wee boy, will be much happier. (((HUGS))) to him. He's adorable!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Its been few years since the youngest boys in our family were trained, but, I am wondering if he is scared of the big toilet?
    Kids have such vivid imaginations! Might explain his insisting on a little one.
    Judy